Re: COLLARED DOVES

Post by Willpar » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:17 pm

Poor dove. Never had one in my garden.

Butterfly

Re: COLLARED DOVES

Post by Butterfly » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:28 pm

Jacksparrow wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:50 pm
I had another mystery today following on from the Hedgehog skull but this time it was a Collared Dove. Sometime between 9.30 and 10 o'clock this morning I noticed there were a lot of Dove feathers around the garden where previously there had been none. However there was no sign of a dead bird. My immediate thought was that a Sprawk had struck and carried off it's victim. The female is powerful enough to do that. I held that belief until about 4 o'clock when I went to the recycling bin and happened to look down into a garden trug I keep undercover close by. Lying inside was the dead body of the dove :shrug: It bore the signs of a window strike but that didn't explain all the feathers about 5 yards away nor were there any of the tell tale signs on our windows. I have given it a great deal of thought but so far I have not come up with a scenario which would produce the outcome. :shrug:
What a strange thing to happen! I can't think of any logical explanation, but it sounds like a foul play somehow :scratch: . Poor thing :(