WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

All your bird talk in here
Butterfly

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Butterfly » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:17 pm

I tent to agree with that JS, colder weather is bringing more birds to my garden too. I have collared doves, stock doves, wood pigeons, GSWs , blue/great tits, some sparrows, starlings, robin (very gentle soul 😊 ) and just today a lovely little wren showed up :love: .
It always puzzles me why they always come to eat at the same time! My garden would be empty one minute and full of birds pushing each other for space the next :rolleyes:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:03 pm

Would be nice for me if i had some different birds come in the garden. At the moment i have lots of sparrows, starlings, wood pigeons. Dunnocks and robins, also great and blue tits and blackbirds. And the pied wagtails, that`s about it. Oh and the occasional wren.

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:13 am

Just had two rooks come into the garden. One was in the hawthorn eating the food i had just put out. The other flew down from the roof onto the tree,but never got to the food.

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:10 am

More like what i have not seen. No sign of the black redstarts this year. For the past couple of years would arrive last couple of days of October and stay for around a week. Been looking out for them in the carpark but no show.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:59 pm

Robins are considered to be the most friendly garden visitors, but my blue tits are becoming a serious contender for that title this year :fence:
It started recently, with a bluey staying still in the shrub while I'm putting the food out, as long as I'm far away enough, and than when I get closer flying off. Than they started staying in the shrub all the time I was in the garden and filling the feeders. By that point I could move a bit closer but when I sprinkle the seeds under the bush that would scare them and they would fly off. Than they started taking fresh seeds from their little tray and eating in the same bush while I was in the garden and moving around. And today, I was hardly 1.5m away when one of them came and landed on the tray, took a seed and started eating, not even bothering to try and hide, right there next to me :faint: . So unusual and super sweet :love: :hug2:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:49 pm

My super friendly birds have all been Blackbirds. I have never quite got one eating out of my hands but then again I've never tried too hard. :)

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:34 am

I have a female blackbird that seems to be quite friendly, hardly ever moves far when i go out with the food. But when i had the dog, over the paying fields a couple of robins would take mealworms from my hand.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:36 pm

My Wren put in an appearance today. I first sighted it going up inside the little roof over the bird table and then again searching the nooks and crannies around the rockery.

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:49 pm

A lovely bird to see in the garden JS. Dont seem to be as frequent as they used to be here. Only a winter visitor but i was getting two to three here.

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:24 pm

A very brief glimpse of a kingfisher this morning. Never stayed long enough to get a video.