WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

All your bird talk in here
Jacksparrow

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Three LTTs in next doors garden :( Me miffed? jealous? :shake: No of course not. They do not make any effort to feed the birds or encourage them in any way. Since they've been in residence they've set about destroying all the small trees and shrubs the birds used to enjoy there. The LTTs, bless them, do not know this and they poked around hopefully in one of the few saplings to survive the scorched earth policy.
PS I later spotted the trio tackling my fat balls so I forgive them. :woohoo:

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:54 pm

I s'pose everyone has the right to wreck their garden if they choose to but it breaks my heart to hear of it.
Glad the LTTs visited you, Jacksparrow.
The few which now visit me regularly also prefer the suet balls to anything else.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:54 pm

A dismal day weatherwise but a good one for birds visiting the garden. Highlights were the visit of two Common Redpolls and my first Siskin for two years. :)

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:57 pm

Those blurkin' redpolls agen !!!!
Hooray for a siskin sighting :clap:

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:46 am

Lots of Chaffie "s today always get them when it snows Sturks ,Sparrows,Greenfinch ,Blue tits ,and Pidgeon. :wave2:

j0nh22

Post by j0nh22 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:58 pm

Nowt special here. Sparrows. Blue tits .2 robins .great tits . Blackbirds M/F .Goldfinch. chaffinch. Longtail tits . Oh and corvids.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:41 pm

Today I spotted my first Blackcap of the winter :) . I have usually seen one before now and I was giving up hope for this winter. I have an awful photo which I may post later. :(

j0nh22

Post by j0nh22 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:40 am

Well done Jacksparrow. Never see one.

Mike_k

Post by Mike_k » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:28 pm

Talking of wrecking gardens, our house is beside a pathway and for some reason the council have cleared most of the shrubs and blackberry patches either side of the foootway and against the other side of our fence. Since then we get a lot less birds in the garden, I presume because they've got nowhere to gather before they come in to the feeders.
I did see a green woodpecker yesterday in trees across the road from our houses while walking to our local supermarket !

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:05 pm

Mike_k wrote:Talking of wrecking gardens, our house is beside a pathway and for some reason the council have cleared most of the shrubs and blackberry patches either side of the foootway and against the other side of our fence. Since then we get a lot less birds in the garden, I presume because they've got nowhere to gather before they come in to the feeders.
I did see a green woodpecker yesterday in trees across the road from our houses while walking to our local supermarket !
You have my sympathy Mike_k. Your brambles will recover quickly but you a right about the birds missing the cover they have provided. :(