WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

All your bird talk in here
peregrine

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by peregrine » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:06 am

Siskins are back :clap: :yes:

Had a juvenile GSW for about 3 seconds last week. That was a first. Hasn't returned.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:25 pm

"Siskins are back" Lucky old you Peregrine. I haven't seen one in the garden for 18 months :(

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:54 am

Threw out the birds' elevenses, a selection of insect suet pellets, sunflower hearts and mixed seed, and 10 minutes later watched a grey treerat dig a hole in the lawn and solicitously bury a selected tasty. It carefully covered it over and patted it down with its little paws.
I expect it was thinking, "There now, that'll be lovely around the miggle of January". :(

Was once in the company of a bunch of Australian visitors. They had never seen a grey and, presumably for lack of anything else :shrug:, were throwing it little pieces of Mars Bar which the creature was burying for winter. Everybody happy :shake:......

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:49 pm

:laugh:
:squirrel:
Pity they didn't have Topics instead - " ... a hazlenut in every bite." :yummy:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Placido wrote:Threw out the birds' elevenses, a selection of insect suet pellets, sunflower hearts and mixed seed, and 10 minutes later watched a grey treerat dig a hole in the lawn and solicitously bury a selected tasty. It carefully covered it over and patted it down with its little paws.
I expect it was thinking, "There now, that'll be lovely around the miggle of January".
:(

Was once in the company of a bunch of Australian visitors. They had never seen a grey and, presumably for lack of anything else :shrug:, were throwing it little pieces of Mars Bar which the creature was burying for winter. Everybody happy :shake:......
You're getting soft in your old age. I can recall a time when if a Tree Rat should venture into your domain you'd be out there with the scary stick giving it what for. :wife: :squirrel:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Unfortunately the shotgun's back at the gunsmiths for a rebore.

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:40 am

:shrug: Placido, 25 house sparrows for breakfast I seem to have lost my Blackbirds.

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:53 am

:waving:Greenfinch: maybe the blackbirds have run away so that you don't have them for breakfast like the poor sparrows ?? :eek:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Placido wrote::waving:Greenfinch: maybe the blackbirds have run away so that you don't have them for breakfast like the poor sparrows ?? :eek:
Not enough Blackbirds for the pie according to recipe requirements I expect . :blackbird: :pot:

Kev
Site Admin

Post by Kev » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Well, saw them saturday. Only just got round to doing the pics :)

Green woodpecker

Nuthatch

a not very good buzzard (I think) - too far away for the lens I had on