BIRD FEEDING

All your bird talk in here
nuthatch

Re: BIRD FEEDING

Post by nuthatch » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:33 am

:wave2: yes, the blackbirds are certainly ramming the raisins and apples :feedbirds:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:55 pm

A hot day but a quiet day at the feeders. :(

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:29 pm

A noticeable drop off in food consumption recently. Most of my Sturks seem to have gone in search of pastures new and only a few Blackbirds present.

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:50 am

Sparrows is mmy lot at the moment.

greg

Post by greg » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:34 pm

I've always been wary of seed mixes, as in the past our birds turn their noses (beaks?) up at them as they seem to contain lots of wheat etc.
I was drawn to an ad by Garden Wildife Direct........

http://www.gardenwildlifedirect.co.uk/b ... d-mix.html

I tried this mix and was pleasantly surprised that the fussy buggers loved it :clap:

It's de husked - whatever that means and seems to have been flattened. We noticed that an increased number of juveniles were at it straight away. Any that got spilled to the ground was pounced upon by the Doves , Robins and Chaffinches.
The real test was the Bullfinches - they're fussy, but they loved it.
It's as popular as the Sunflower hearts that we usually put out. :blackbird:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:18 am

This morning I have mostly been carrying out extensive repairs to my toast holder:

:laugh:

Still haven't purchased a stapler :(

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:55 pm

Why not just buy a little plastic packet of electrical staples and hammer them in ?? Or is that too easy ....... ?

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:30 am

Electrical staples :yikes: do you have to plug them in ... are they rechargeable?

What would Barry Bucknell make of those? :smash:

No, Placi - I didn't think of that :dunce: I've just been watching it gaping open further and further until yesterday I thought it looked a bit of a hazard.

I did think about prising the staples out and knocking them back in but thought they wouldn't be in a fit state. It really didn't occur to me to buy some of the staples :rolleyes: :laugh:

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Yes, electrical staples (rechargeable) are widely available at all leading electrical staples stores but, coincidentally, September is Honest Placi's Electrical Staples (Rechargeable) Emporium (Motto: Caveat Emptor) Sale Of The Season's Sale sale.
The staples are on offer at ten bob a yard (you can't find this kind of value for less). And of course, a recharger is necessary not to say essential :yummy: .......
Unfortunately, our sister branch, Honest Placi's Electrical Staples (Rechargeable) Recharger Emporium has only a very limited stock of these hard-to-track-down essential items. Prices on application ........

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:59 pm

If you buy Placi thing I will send you my one to repair thats your first order. :wave2: