PRUNING

Tips, tricks, problems and solutions for the gardeners out there
Willpar

Re: PRUNING

Post by Willpar » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:44 am

Had to do a bit of heavy pruning this morning. Want to get the pyracantha the width of where i want it and there were two largish branches sticking out. Have a bit of a bare patch now, which hopefully will grow over sharpish i hope.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:22 pm

Willpar wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:44 am
Had to do a bit of heavy pruning this morning. Want to get the pyracantha the width of where i want it and there were two largish branches sticking out. Have a bit of a bare patch now, which hopefully will grow over sharpish i hope.
My pyrcantha have had heavy pruning on several occasions and have recovered well each time. I find myself cutting them back at least once a year as they expand to fill the available space which is not always where you want them to be, :nod:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:08 pm

Finished the pyrcantha with the hedge cutter, that is trim back all the new growth. May need doing again come september, depending on how fast it grows. Now i have had an email from the council, saying garden waste collections have been suspended because of labour shortage. And i wanted to get on with the small plot.