GARDENING TIPS

Tips, tricks, problems and solutions for the gardeners out there
Placido

Re: GARDENING TIPS

Post by Placido » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

I have that, in the back lawn. However, it has to dodge the cherry suckers with which I am battling at the mo :(.
I used Roundup too until the scare a couple of weeks ago. Bought some Weedol Ultra-Tough which I have to say works better on the cherry suckers than Roundup ever did.
Haven't tried to eradicate the yarrow - it's all a question of perspective :smash: :(

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Interesting to hear about your cherry tree suckers as I thought you had said goodbye to the cherry some time ago. I am waiting for the grass to start growing again before I have another crack at the Yarrow as the Roundup instructions say not to use it in drought conditions like what we've just had. :)

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 am

I think the guys who removed the cherry tree in January should have killed the stump but instead they ground it down (which is why the ground won't even grow weeds and is where I put the birdbath). Obviously the root system is still alive and kicking and wants to grow a cherry plantation.
The rate at which the suckers pop up in the lawn is quite phenomenal and I use the Weedol every other day :(. I'm hoping winter will improve matters :unsure:.