MICE

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Willpar

Re: MICE

Post by Willpar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 am

There are cats about jacksparrow camera picks them up. Not as many as there used to be though. Having said that, i would love the camera pick up an owl getting one.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:33 pm

Willpar wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 am
There are cats about jacksparrow camera picks them up. Not as many as there used to be though. Having said that, i would love the camera pick up an owl getting one.
Me too. But I doubt it will ever happen :shake:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:56 pm

I went into my garden this morning to find this gruesome murder scene :cry3:
Obviously it was a cat attack because the pray was not even eaten! That's the most annoying thing about cat's kills, they don't even need to eat it! :hissyfit:
There was 2 of them killed next to each other. RIP little mice :cry3:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:23 pm

Cats kill for fun. They inherit an instinct to hunt and most of them enjoy fulfilling that part of their make-up. :cat2:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:11 pm

Jacksparrow wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:23 pm
Cats kill for fun. They inherit an instinct to hunt and most of them enjoy fulfilling that part of their make-up. :cat2:
Cats have been tamed, and humans managed to teach them to use a litter tray. There are courses and help groups to help you teach your cat use litter tray. Something that's not part of their nature. And we managed to make a great success of it!
And yet, I don't see any help groups, or courses , to teach the same cats not to kill millions of birds and other wildlife every year.
Its not impossible, humans just can't be bothered cos they find it unimportant. Very sad :(

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:35 pm

Butterfly wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:11 pm
Jacksparrow wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:23 pm
Cats have been tamed, and humans managed to teach them to use a litter tray. There are courses and help groups to help you teach your cat use litter tray. Something that's not part of their nature. And we managed to make a great success of it!
And yet, I don't see any help groups, or courses , to teach the same cats not to kill millions of birds and other wildlife every year.
Its not impossible, humans just can't be bothered cos they find it unimportant. Very sad :(
If cats are kept indoors 24/7 they will use a litter tray and will not hunt. When they are let out of their home to roam around at will as many are all that goes out of the window and their instincts kick in. Meeting other cats and the thrill of the hunt seem to be their main interests.

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:20 pm

The cats around here seem to be out 24/7. My cameras pick them up all the time.