Budlia

The place for plant tips and queries
johnd83

Budlia

Post by johnd83 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:37 am

Good morning all

I have just treated myself to a budlia (butterfly bush) Any advise on where it would be better and any tips.

JooMoo
Site Admin

Re: Budlia

Post by JooMoo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:07 pm

I bought 4 of the buzz version, 2 lots of 2 different ones. I have one of each in adjoining pots just outside my front door. One looks good, the other a bit manky now.
I also have the other 2 out the back, they've both lost their flowers for the year.

Since you can see them growing out of the side of walls and in the central reservation of roads, I don't think you can go too wrong. I'd put it somewhere sunny as the butterflies prefer being in the sun.
I like reading

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Yep, what Joomoo said. A sunny spot is preferred but give them plenty of room to expand. Certain varieties are very vigorous and will crowd out any close neighbours.

johnd83

Post by johnd83 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:15 am

Good morning all,

I have finally got my main desktop PC hooked up to my network. So much better photo editing and forum browsing on my big screen rather than the laptop. Thank you all for the advice on looking after my new budlia. As my gardens get sorted i will be adding more and more plants to it and hopefully be getting some good pictures in the process.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:37 am

:yes: Quite a bit of the time I am using a tiddly screened phone - like working on a pin head and takes ages :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing any :photo: s you may get johnd :)

johnd83

Post by johnd83 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:11 am

Good morning Nuthatch,

Thank you. I am looking forward to getting some shots. If i am on the forums i either use my tablet or laptop. But with the bigger house i have a room where i cam have my office set up again with my desktop pc running plus i get quite from the kids ect. I have a 22" LED monitor to makes things easier to use for me.