MISTLE THRUSHES

All your bird talk in here
Placido

MISTLE THRUSHES

Post by Placido » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Somewhere (?) I posted that I was blessed by the company of a pair of mistle thrushes - well they're still with me :clap: . They come every morning as soon as the mealworm brekkies go out, commandeer the lot and everyone else sits around watching :( :weep: .
A new departure today - instead of just the worms, seeds and leftover croissants one (don't ask :shrug: ) of them tucked into the cheese elevenses. First time that's happened.
They'll want pudding next :rolleyes:

Willpar

Re: MISTLE THRUSHES

Post by Willpar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:14 pm

That's great Placi. Not seen mistle thrush in a couple of winters now.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:07 pm

Seems like they've got the birdy knees well under the (bird) table Placi. Your pair have settled in nicely and given that they're often more stand-offish than their cousins(Blackbirds etc) it is all the more remarkable.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Wow :yes: :D

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:11 am

Not seen a mistle thrush since the last mistle thrush but toady in the tree wolfing the half-ripe cherries was (I think) a juvenile. I can confirm that they quite like cherries :rolleyes:.

When it flew off I realised that the brown wings I have noticed lately flying between the tall trees about 30-40 yards away from my front window must be m/thrushes.

Anyway, it's good to have them back ... in a way :(.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:02 pm

Placido wrote:Not seen a mistle thrush since the last mistle thrush but toady in the tree wolfing the half-ripe cherries was (I think) a juvenile. I can confirm that they quite like cherries :rolleyes:.

When it flew off I realised that the brown wings I have noticed lately flying between the tall trees about 30-40 yards away from my front window must be m/thrushes.

Anyway, it's good to have them back ... in a way :(.
I think you should be commended for having the forethought to supply cherries for your local M/Ts. When the weather is dry they may struggle to find suitable food but good lady Placi is on hand to bridge the gap until the weather breaks. :clap:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:03 am

Why do I not feel comforted by Jacksparrow's comment :(