CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Placido

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:27 am

Lissen, we could maybe negotiate a swap - one Mk XCIV scary stick for 25 yards of electric fencing, if you throw in a rubber collar.
Deal ... ??

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:52 pm

Placido wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:27 am
Lissen, we could maybe negotiate a swap - one Mk XCIV scary stick for 25 yards of electric fencing, if you throw in a rubber collar.
Deal ... ??
Hmmmm I'll think about it. Would the stick come with the lithium battery or the bog standard 4 AAAs held together with masking tape?

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:08 am

Now come on, let's not get silly about it. What do you think ? :rolleyes:

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:28 am

I have to report the very unfortunate demise of Rooney, the neighbourhood cat, beloved by all.
He was apparently poisoned - I assume he ate a mouse/rat 'cos he was a real hunter.
Within cat marching distance from me there are 2 chicken pens (2 separate neighbours) and the finger of suspicion points to at least one.
Very sad 'cos he was a very charismatic moggie and is missed by all :rolleyes:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Placido wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:28 am
I have to report the very unfortunate demise of Rooney, the neighbourhood cat, beloved by all.
He was apparently poisoned - I assume he ate a mouse/rat 'cos he was a real hunter.
Within cat marching distance from me there are 2 chicken pens (2 separate neighbours) and the finger of suspicion points to at least one.
Very sad 'cos he was a very charismatic moggie and is missed by all :rolleyes:
Very sad :( Despite what I may say about cats on this forum I would never harm one. It is a fair guess as to where poor Rooney picked up the poison. Cats can cover quite a large territory on their nocturnal wanderings so unless the poison can be possibly identified the source will probably remain a mystery.