BIRD FEEDING

All your bird talk in here
Placido

Re: BIRD FEEDING

Post by Placido » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:05 am

That's a shame innit ?? Everyone suffers 'cos of the actions of a few. Parallels can be drawn elsewhere re that particular attitude. Fortunately, at the moment many of our little regulars don't seem to need the same support as usual so it's a good time to try it.
On the other hand, as luck would have it, the Great Autumn Sale on scary stix is just about to begin this very day !!! How lucky can you get ?!?!? :tampoline:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:03 pm

Placido wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:05 am

On the other hand, as luck would have it, the Great Autumn Sale on scary stix is just about to begin this very day !!! How lucky can you get ?!?!? :tampoline:
I still have the Mark four you sold me 4 years ago. The handle is a little worn and the main shaft has bowed a little but it is still effectiive. Thank you for your kind offer :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:23 am

The Mk IV is obsolete and spares can no longer be obtained.
However, we are about to launch our new concept, the Mk XCIV, which is solar-powered, height adjustable and is offered in a range of colours.
Optional extras include: trombone, flapping tea-towel and recording of howling cat.
Order list is filling up rapidly ....... :rolleyes:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:47 pm

Placido wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:23 am
The Mk IV is obsolete and spares can no longer be obtained.
However, we are about to launch our new concept, the Mk XCIV, which is solar-powered, height adjustable and is offered in a range of colours.
Optional extras include: trombone, flapping tea-towel and recording of howling cat.
Order list is filling up rapidly ....... :rolleyes:
I don't know if I can get the funding at present :shrug: I'll put it on my Chrimbo wish list :nod:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Operation Stop the Ferals is now into it's second week. I think it is bearing fruit but they are still coming but in reduced number and not for so long. I'll give it another week and then relax the measures and see how it goes.

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:15 am

A thought occurs - maybe the ferals are at last recognising the wisdom of social distancing ?? Another week sounds like a good move :nod: :yes:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Well I can declare "mission accomplished" at least for the time being. I'm still getting the occasional one or two but the mob visits have stopped :nod:
Normal feeding will resume and I'd like to thank the sparrows for sticking with me despite the uncertainty of food being available. :clap:

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:35 am

Yay !! Good move, Jacksparrow.
Thing is though, if you do a reverse ferret now the ferals will all be back within a fortnight :weep: !

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:21 pm

Placido wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:35 am
Yay !! Good move, Jacksparrow.
Thing is though, if you do a reverse ferret now the ferals will all be back within a fortnight :weep: !
That thought is very much to the front of my mind but the problem is I don't know until I've tried to return to normal. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:10 am

Aaahaah, Catch 22 kicks in when we refer to 'normal' :shake:, the New Normal being very different from the Old Normal. What ferals did is not necessarily what ferals will do now 'cos ferals read newspapers too :eek:.
Maybe this all needs writing down - you might be onto a new social surge, Jacksparrow. (Is this right? Ed.)