CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 am

Well, I'm with you there, Jacksparrow. Her given name is Ruby but I usually call her something else.

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4361
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Placido wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 am
Well, I'm with you there, Jacksparrow. Her given name is Ruby but I usually call her something else.
nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more :laugh:

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:24 pm

Ruby hunting 004 (800x600).jpg
Unfortunately, once again Ruby has failed her Hunting Camouflage practical exam. :smack: :hissyfit:

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4361
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:25 pm

Placido wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:24 pm
Ruby hunting 004 (800x600).jpg
Unfortunately, once again Ruby has failed her Hunting Camouflage practical exam. :smack: :hissyfit:
While I delight in her amateur efforts I am concerned that she will improve with practice. It's time to deploy le baton scarie :wife: :bolt:

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:58 am

I know, I know, you're right: deploy le :wife: and that's that ..... but ..... against my better judgement a sort of bewildered laissez faire has set in. Ruby drinks from the bucket of birdbath top-up water on the patio, she sleeps on the patio, on the top of a wheelie bin and I nearly fell over her yesterday morning when I opened the back door.
I think I must be getting old - :shrug:

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4361
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:34 pm

Placido wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:58 am
I know, I know, you're right: deploy le :wife: and that's that ..... but ..... against my better judgement a sort of bewildered laissez faire has set in. Ruby drinks from the bucket of birdbath top-up water on the patio, she sleeps on the patio, on the top of a wheelie bin and I nearly fell over her yesterday morning when I opened the back door.
I think I must be getting old - :shrug:
Oldest trick in the book. They wheedle their way into you affections to neutralise the threat while eyeing up the wildlife :cat2: :goodevil:

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:21 am

That's the word: wheedling :nod:. Another word occurs: inept.
I reckon she's in the same category as your agapanthus, Jacksparrow ...... I think I'll wait a bit.

Savannah
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:00 pm
Location: Northwest. UK.

Re: CATS

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:08 pm

I once saw my neighbours cat carrying a huge dead rat in it's mouth :sofa:
I know rats are vermin but they are also Gods creatures, but the sight of it put me off my tea! :laugh:

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4361
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:57 pm

Savannah wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:08 pm
I once saw my neighbours cat carrying a huge dead rat in it's mouth :sofa:
I know rats are vermin but they are also Gods creatures, but the sight of it put me off my tea! :laugh:
I am not a fan of Cats or Rats for that matter. I have a long running war going on with my local cats because I don't want them bother my birds. However during the hours of darkness different rule apply as Cats are more than happy to take out a Rat if they get the chance. I view Rats as vermin and spreaders of disease. Fortunately Rat visits are rare but If they do show up I am very happy if the Cats deal with them. :nod:

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:03 am

Have been bothered by Ruby's attitude for some time now - she just doesn't behave like a girl.
So, following an investigative, but responsibly socially distanced, conversation with a neighbour who should know, I discover that it's not "Ruby", it's "Rooney" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl2: and it's a boy.
No well-bred young lady has a swagger like that - just like John Wayne in 'High Noon' :nod:.
The world suddenly makes a lot more sense.

Post Reply