CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Jacksparrow

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:07 pm

My attitude to visiting cats is recorded elsewhere on this forum but suffice to say none are physically harmed. This evening Mrs JS alerted me to a visitor of the moggy variety crossing my back patio. I went out to give my usual greeting and frightened it to the extent that it sped across my garden without much concern for a satisfactory route and ended up in one of my ponds :D It quickly hauled itself out and beat a retreat over my neighbour's fence. I don't think that one will be returning anytime soon :laugh:
I discovered what it was doing before I surprised it because my recently refilled hedgehog food bowl was missing some of the contents. :(

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:14 am

Now you're glad you purchased a scary stick !
You've seen the last of that particular mog.

Orders now being taken - testimonials available ..... :rolleyes:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:44 am

Jacksparrow wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:07 pm
My attitude to visiting cats is recorded elsewhere on this forum but suffice to say none are physically harmed. This evening Mrs JS alerted me to a visitor of the moggy variety crossing my back patio. I went out to give my usual greeting and frightened it to the extent that it sped across my garden without much concern for a satisfactory route and ended up in one of my ponds :D It quickly hauled itself out and beat a retreat over my neighbour's fence. I don't think that one will be returning anytime soon :laugh:
I discovered what it was doing before I surprised it because my recently refilled hedgehog food bowl was missing some of the contents. :(
:laugh: :laugh:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:56 pm

I regret to say my triumph with the lavender was short lived :grumpy: . I suspect that as it's got less fresh the smell has become less intense. I have put a physical barrier to deny access to the favoured peeing location but I think that will just shift the problem elsewhere.
A plan B is required but at the present time the drawing board is blank. :(

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:23 am

I regret to say my triumph with the lavender was short lived :grumpy: . I suspect that as it's got less fresh the smell has become less intense. I have put a physical barrier to deny access to the favoured peeing location but I think that will just shift the problem elsewhere.

Ahem :) ......

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:55 pm

Placido wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:23 am

Ahem :) ......
I'm afraid the scary stick is a non-runner for this particular scenario as the unwelcome visits are during the hours of darkness when the operative is having down time. Do you perhaps have a robot screaming banshee that will surprise the moggies by appearing out of the gloom uttering blood curdling cries when the laser beam is broken. It must be able to distinguish between a moggy and a Hedgie and be cheap. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:44 pm

You were ticking every single box until the very last word and then you blew it :shake:.
Tell you what, let me tell you a story .....

This is the truth, no, 'onest, it is the truth. Toady I've had two visits from two cats from The Cat House across the road; one is white with 50% tabby markings and the other is tabby with 50% white splodges so they're quite easy to tell apart.
The first encounter went thus: he/she/it was sitting on the lawn (during a lull in the rain) very close to the, let's call it 'shrubbery', when I espied it. All I did was gently turn the door handle which clicked, the cat heard and took off instantly at a smart gallop.
The second, this affie, was weirdly similar - it was close to the pyrawotsit in a sedentary fashion; door handle clicked and it ran for its life.
The moral of this tale is that both felines have been trained to be terrorised out of their tree by a jangling scary stick on a long ago previous occasion - they don't forget.

All it takes is the aquisition of a ss from a reputable and caring dealer and the input of a modicum of your time in teaching the target what happens if ....... :eek:.

Our newest model is an automatic night-time, what was the word ? ..... oh yes, 'banshee', wired for sound, video and flashing lights.
Price-list in the post.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:57 pm

Placido wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:44 pm
You were ticking every single box until the very last word and then you blew it :shake:.
Tell you what, let me tell you a story .....

This is the truth, no, 'onest, it is the truth. Toady I've had two visits from two cats from The Cat House across the road; one is white with 50% tabby markings and the other is tabby with 50% white splodges so they're quite easy to tell apart.
The first encounter went thus: he/she/it was sitting on the lawn (during a lull in the rain) very close to the, let's call it 'shrubbery', when I espied it. All I did was gently turn the door handle which clicked, the cat heard and took off instantly at a smart gallop.
The second, this affie, was weirdly similar - it was close to the pyrawotsit in a sedentary fashion; door handle clicked and it ran for its life.
The moral of this tale is that both felines have been trained to be terrorised out of their tree by a jangling scary stick on a long ago previous occasion - they don't forget.

All it takes is the aquisition of a ss from a reputable and caring dealer and the input of a modicum of your time in teaching the target what happens if ....... :eek:.

Our newest model is an automatic night-time, what was the word ? ..... oh yes, 'banshee', wired for sound, video and flashing lights.
Price-list in the post.
Thanks for the sales pitch and the price list :jawdrop:
OOOW MUCH???? I may have to wait for the Chinese pirate version so that I can afford to put bread on the table :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:22 am

Post-Brexit, prices can only go north :shrug:. Chinese language version extra.

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Looked out this evening (5 pm) at the darkened back garden and could discern a blacker shape than the surroundings sitting in the centre of the lawn. I think it was a large cat but obviously no colour was showing, and it seemed to be facing the feeder cage, about 6 - 7 ft away. It was right away from any hiding place, very conspicuous, and very still.
Watched it for about 2 mins, trying to see what it actually was and what it was doing :shrug:.
Fetched the torch and it had gone :(.
If it was a fox it was a small one, if it was a cat it was large.
It was quite puzzling and a little bit spooky. Very odd .......