Robin

All your bird talk in here
Jacksparrow

Re: Robin

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:25 pm

Butterfly wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:22 am
I saw my dear robin looking like this yesterday:
It can't be seen on that picture as it was hard to take it without disturbing him, but he has some rough looking feathers, and it looked like he was in a fight and hurt :( . I wanted to try and catch him, as he was just outside the door, and put him in a comfortable box with some food and water, to help him recover maybe, but by the time I found a box he was gone.
Haven't seen him today :(
He does look very sorry for himself. All fluffed out is not a good look. :(

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Young Rexie (pour c'est lui :nod:) was parked today in his dad's fave spot, ie. the top branch of a certain pyrawotsit. Anxious to cement friendly relations I shot outside with a selection of suet pellets; he stayed where he was and I slowly advanced, threw a pellet within easy reach - and down he came, as easy as pie :banana: :tampoline: :rara: !! We performed this easy lesson twice more and off he flew, full up. I'm pleased that dad taught him well and that he's an easy pupil.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:25 pm

Placido wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:26 pm
Young Rexie (pour c'est lui :nod:) was parked today in his dad's fave spot, ie. the top branch of a certain pyrawotsit. Anxious to cement friendly relations I shot outside with a selection of suet pellets; he stayed where he was and I slowly advanced, threw a pellet within easy reach - and down he came, as easy as pie :banana: :tampoline: :rara: !! We performed this easy lesson twice more and off he flew, full up. I'm pleased that dad taught him well and that he's an easy pupil.
Even the most stupid of Robins knows a soft touch when it sees one. You think it has learnt to get food from you when in fact it has trained you to respond to it's hungry look. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:52 am

:scratch: D'you know, I'd never thought of it that way :eek:. You could be right, Jacksparrow :( :unsure:.
Takes away the feel good factor somehow ......

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Placido wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:52 am
:scratch: D'you know, I'd never thought of it that way :eek:. You could be right, Jacksparrow :( :unsure:.
Takes away the feel good factor somehow ......
Nah! Just me looking through the wrong end of the telescope :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:38 pm

:clap: Rexit has reappeared !! Haven't seen him for days. Was just returning from dispensing morning feed and almost trod on him on the patio :eek:. He was just happily mooching around and had to scurry out of the way - well, we both did actually. He appeared to be a bit tatty but appetite undiminished.
Lovely surprise.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:25 pm

Placido wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:38 pm
:clap: Rexit has reappeared !! Haven't seen him for days. Was just returning from dispensing morning feed and almost trod on him on the patio :eek:. He was just happily mooching around and had to scurry out of the way - well, we both did actually. He appeared to be a bit tatty but appetite undiminished.
Lovely surprise.
I think we are into the moulting season. Tatty looking birds (if you can see them) will abound.

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:19 am

I reckon you're right, Jacksparrow, he looked scruffy.
Pity really 'cos I was hoping for an August brood from the pair of them but looks unlikely now.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:27 am

Its been almost a month since I took that last pic of my Robin looking unwell, and I haven't seen him since. I think he is no longer with us :(
And here is the new, young guy :) . He has been inspecting the territory every day, doesn't stay long and is very nervous still, but looks he is here to stay :)

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Wont be long before it is ruling the roost.