WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

All your bird talk in here
Placido

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Placido » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:12 am

Official: there is no wildlife in Notts :shrug: or it would have been in the outfield :photo: :(.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:41 am

I saw a baby bluey being fed suet from a coconut by a parent, lots of twittering and wing flapping, super cute :love:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:16 am

Blue tits are doing well, there was 4 fledglings with one disheveled parent this morning, all twittering and all being fed. So cute :love:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Nice to see butterfly.

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Been run ragged all week by robins taking food back to the nest, blackbirds ditto and young sparrows learning how to be sparrows all over my garden - but

suddenly around lunchtime everything stopped. Don't know why: robins have gone, and the baby sparrows, all I have left are the blackbirds.
Don't know why - seems a rare coincidence that robins may have fledged at the same time as the baby speugs have departed.
If it was a sprawk then it didn't frighten away the blackies :shrug:.
Strange.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:27 pm

Placido wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:15 pm
Been run ragged all week by robins taking food back to the nest, blackbirds ditto and young sparrows learning how to be sparrows all over my garden - but

suddenly around lunchtime everything stopped. Don't know why: robins have gone, and the baby sparrows, all I have left are the blackbirds.
Don't know why - seems a rare coincidence that robins may have fledged at the same time as the baby speugs have departed.
If it was a sprawk then it didn't frighten away the blackies :shrug:.
Strange.
A concealed Cat :cat2: can sometimes spook the birds but the Blackies are usually the ones sounding the alarm :blackbird:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 am

Now I knew you'd say that. Actually, I did have a feline encounter previous to the mass disappearance but it wasn't as traumatic as all that. Allow me to elucidate ...... :rolleyes:

one of (!) the black cats from The Cat House across the road came into my garden, left a calling card banghead and out I shot. I had it pinned against a pyrawotsit and was about to administer the sharp end of a scary stick when it managed to evade my wrath and made its escape.
Now that wasn't reeeelly such an unusual occurrence but Rexit only reappeared at 7.30 this morning, and the baby sparrows not at all. Blackbirds = Business As Usual.
Beats me :shrug:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:08 pm

Placido wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 am
Now I knew you'd say that. Actually, I did have a feline encounter previous to the mass disappearance but it wasn't as traumatic as all that. Allow me to elucidate ...... :rolleyes:

one of (!) the black cats from The Cat House across the road came into my garden, left a calling card banghead and out I shot. I had it pinned against a pyrawotsit and was about to administer the sharp end of a scary stick when it managed to evade my wrath and made its escape.
Now that wasn't reeeelly such an unusual occurrence but Rexit only reappeared at 7.30 this morning, and the baby sparrows not at all. Blackbirds = Business As Usual.
Beats me :shrug:
Better offer elsewhere. The sparrows tend to move about in family groups. i.e. you either have all the family or none of them. I honestly don't know why your sparrows have decamped but I will forecast that they will return before long. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:50 am

...return before long :). Such a comfort :yes:

peregrine

Post by peregrine » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:03 am

Siskin pair are back. They will be in and out for a few days and then disappear again. Greenfinch pair here as well. Will come in a couple of times and then vanish for a while.