Robin

All your bird talk in here
Placido

Re: Robin

Post by Placido » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:38 am

Frosty morning so everyone up and about, banging their tin plates with their spoons :rolleyes:. Skated over the lawn and dispensed food :yes:. Both robins straight onto cage roof where Rexit began to feed his beloved :unsure: very solicitously with choice suet pellets.
Think you might be right, Jacksparrow - there's something about these pellets ....... :scratch:. Next batch of HB will feature oysters and insect suet pellets - Orders Now Being Taken for Easter :rabbit: :rabbit: :bunny: :bunny: :bird2: :bird2:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:09 pm

Placido wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:38 am
Frosty morning so everyone up and about, banging their tin plates with their spoons :rolleyes:. Skated over the lawn and dispensed food :yes:. Both robins straight onto cage roof where Rexit began to feed his beloved :unsure: very solicitously with choice suet pellets.
Think you might be right, Jacksparrow - there's something about these pellets ....... :scratch:. Next batch of HB will feature oysters and insect suet pellets - Orders Now Being Taken for Easter :rabbit: :rabbit: :bunny: :bunny: :bird2: :bird2:
I can't help feeling she's playing hard to get. I hope you have sufficient pellets to last the duration of the courtship. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:56 am

All meggles lost this morning :cry3: - having dispensed breakfast into the ground cage feeder wearing the official Honest Placi (Catering To The Masses) Inc. uniform I had reached the back door when down flew Rexit onto the patio wall obviously having missed the first part and expecting his carefully chosen special suet pellet. None left, all under the cage :shrug:. Penny finally dropped and he flew inside said cage, not best pleased.

Thing is, my robins have been in very short supply for the last week - I presume they have reared the kids and are enjoying a well-earned rest before Round 2. I was somewhat surprised to see him and our meeting wasn't good :(.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:53 pm

Placido wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:56 am
All meggles lost this morning :cry3: - having dispensed breakfast into the ground cage feeder wearing the official Honest Placi (Catering To The Masses) Inc. uniform I had reached the back door when down flew Rexit onto the patio wall obviously having missed the first part and expecting his carefully chosen special suet pellet. None left, all under the cage :shrug:. Penny finally dropped and he flew inside said cage, not best pleased.

Thing is, my robins have been in very short supply for the last week - I presume they have reared the kids and are enjoying a well-earned rest before Round 2. I was somewhat surprised to see him and our meeting wasn't good :(.
He'll get over it. He has just learnt a lesson or two Vis a vis Snooze you loose and early the bird catches the worm. :)

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun May 05, 2019 7:59 pm

I discovered a fledgling robin today :woohoo: ........in my garage. I did my level best to evict the little blighter chasing hither and thither with my pond net and it successfully evaded my attempts to drive it towards the door :( I eventually retired to the house for tea only to see it fly out of its own accord. Kids eh! Who'd have them?

Kev
Site Admin

Post by Kev » Sun May 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Had a robin site on a railing about 10ft in front of me while I was waiting for kingfishers this morning so rattled a shot off. Probably does quite well from the picnics along the river!

Imagerobin by Kevin Clark, on Flickr

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Sun May 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Jacksparrow wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:59 pm
I discovered a fledgling robin today :woohoo: ........in my garage. I did my level best to evict the little blighter chasing hither and thither with my pond net and it successfully evaded my attempts to drive it towards the door :( I eventually retired to the house for tea only to see it fly out of its own accord. Kids eh! Who'd have them?
In your garage?! :faint: . While you were chasing him with your pond net, the parent was most probably giving him instructions to run and hide :chuckle:

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri May 10, 2019 8:34 am

Family No. 2 has hatched :). Twice yesterday I saw Rexit with small caterpillars in his beak whilst banging on the window for more suet pellets :rolleyes:.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri May 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Placido wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:34 am
Family No. 2 has hatched :). Twice yesterday I saw Rexit with small caterpillars in his beak whilst banging on the window for more suet pellets :rolleyes:.
:wow: Can you recycle the old romper suits or are you furiously knitting some new ones?

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat May 11, 2019 8:08 am

Recycle every time. These bamboo rompers last forever :nod:.