WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

All your bird talk in here
peregrine

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by peregrine » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:32 am

I get young Goldfinches still not with full adult plumage on the feeders. Think there must have been three broods this year.

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:51 pm

Two pied wagtails out in the road this morning. Never stayed long though, and not been back. After that a heron flew over, that was a treat.

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Wow, Willpar, especially for the heron :clap:.
Each pied wag I see reminds me of you :laugh: !

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Sri Lanka Lizard 050.JPG
Sri Lanka Lizard 049.JPG
This monitor lizard was watching the cricket today in Sri Lanka - it had plenty of space around it :nod:.

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:13 am

Just the one pied wagtail so far this morning. Has had a few mealworms.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:31 pm

This is the first time I see the great spotted woodpecker,who decided to have a nibble on the fat balls today :D . Sorry for a bad quality picture, I took it from inside my living room not to send him/her flying when opening the door :(
Would he/she spook other birds? There is very little activity on the feeders today, I see the birds around but they are not coming to eat :unsure:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:14 pm

I'm surprised the GSW came anywhere near with that giant Butterfly hovering nearby. :nod:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Jacksparrow wrote:I'm surprised the GSW came anywhere near with that giant Butterfly hovering nearby. :nod:
That's my window decal Jack, I have them since the starling fledgling flew into my garden glass door, thankfully just got dizzy :) . It looks much bigger than it is because of the angle of the shot. I'm not the best with camera :sofa:

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Rumour was rife all around the gulag that The Farm Shop :love: had its annual treat of Sprouts-On-A-Stick available.
(Gettit or Regrettit.)
Drove down this morning, beautifully sunny autumn morning, and ahead, flying slowly and majestically, was a heron. The sun just caught it perfectly about 2 seconds before I came too close for comfort to a tree :eek:. Worth it though :clap:.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Placido wrote:Rumour was rife all around the gulag that The Farm Shop :love: had its annual treat of Sprouts-On-A-Stick available.
(Gettit or Regrettit.)
Drove down this morning, beautifully sunny autumn morning, and ahead, flying slowly and majestically, was a heron. The sun just caught it perfectly about 2 seconds before I came too close for comfort to a tree :eek:. Worth it though :clap:.
It seems to me that seeing the heron was the highlight of the trip even if it did involve flirting with the scenery. Sprouts-on-a-stick is gourmet treat I managed to steer clear of thus far but for some reason I don't feel deprived. :rolleyes: