Squirrel

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Jacksparrow

Re: Squirrel

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Placido wrote:It had to happen ......... toady the lawn remodeller took a well-earned break and with obvious delight met the bird bath :tampoline: :rara: :woohoo:for what appeared to be the first time. The wariness lasted approx. 1 second :( then it took a refreshing drink and returned to its work.
I fully expect that tomorrow it will bring a small towel and a cake of soap with it banghead :weep: :doh:
Leave a little bell handy in case it wants some warm water. :)

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:23 am

Jacksparrow wrote:
Placido wrote:It had to happen ......... toady the lawn remodeller took a well-earned break and with obvious delight met the bird bath :tampoline: :rara: :woohoo:for what appeared to be the first time. The wariness lasted approx. 1 second :( then it took a refreshing drink and returned to its work.
I fully expect that tomorrow it will bring a small towel and a cake of soap with it banghead :weep: :doh:
Leave a little bell handy in case it wants some warm water. :)
Sorry but ..... :rofl: that's hilarious :rofl:
My squirrel hasn't visited for a long time now, maybe it didn't like my bird bath :chuckle:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:39 pm

She is back, and with a big belly :eek: . I suspect I will come back from my trip to find my garden full of little baby squirrels running around :woohoo: :squirrel:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:34 pm

cute, butterfly. Twice this week I have seen a squirrel. The first was out in the car park near small plot but running away from it. wondered if it had been eating the starling food. And this morning it was near my door, but out on the path going toward the garden. Seen me and went back. Not been this close to the house or garden before.

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Update on the squirrel. looked out of kitchen window around 4:35 pm and the squirrel was in the new hanging feeder I put up on the small plot. Got camera, but was gone by the time I was ready. All the food was gone, but starlings had some of it this morning.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 pm

They do that Willpar, as the above picture shows, take food from the feeders :wife:
My squirrel turned up with her guy today :squirrel: :squirrel:, 2 of them happily eating and burying food around the garden :rolleyes: They are unstoppable :grumpy:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:56 am

Squirrel in the hawthorn this morning. Starlings had ate all the food. Going to be hard to get a video, has eyes in it butt.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:19 pm

I'm getting fed up with this squirrel, it keeps raiding the feeders and jumping all over the place, scaring all the birds :weep:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:31 pm

There`s not many obstacles they cant overcome.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Butterfly wrote:I'm getting fed up with this squirrel, it keeps raiding the feeders and jumping all over the place, scaring all the birds :weep:
You may need to withdraw the bird feeding for a while in the hope it will go elsewhere. They are very persistent while there is a food reward for their efforts. :(