SWANS

All your bird talk in here
Placido

SWANS

Post by Placido » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm

WACA swans 003.JPG
WACA swans 002.JPG
WACA swans 001.JPG
Allow me to introduce the Australian cricket side's new slip formation. As you can see, they are now favouring a four-slip cordon as they are not very good at catching yet but their training is continuing :).

Took this from the tv toady at The WACA, Perth, Western Australia, a venue known not only as The Graveyard of The English but also as the native habitat of the black swan (much as supermarket carparks for the pied wagtail over here).
The Swan River runs through Perth but no-one knows why it is named as such; this is because the Australians are very stupid :nod:.

Anyway, it's good to know that black swans are thriving in their protected habitat, just offside of a right-handed batsman :).

Jacksparrow

Re: SWANS

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Placido wrote:
WACA swans 003.JPG
WACA swans 002.JPG
WACA swans 001.JPG
Allow me to introduce the Australian cricket side's new slip formation. As you can see, they are now favouring a four-slip cordon as they are not very good at catching yet but their training is continuing :).

Took this from the tv toady at The WACA, Perth, Western Australia, a venue known not only as The Graveyard of The English but also as the native habitat of the black swan (much as supermarket carparks for the pied wagtail over here).
The Swan River runs through Perth but no-one knows why it is named as such; this is because the Australians are very stupid :nod:.

Anyway, it's good to know that black swans are thriving in their protected habitat, just offside of a right-handed batsman :).
Didn't England use to have a player called Swan? I always thought that the Swan river was in Old Dixie after Al Jolson had crooned about it or am I getting confused :shrug:

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 am

There may be many, many 'Swan Rivers' for all I know, possibly all named for the same reason :shrug:.

That's right - Graeme Swann was a spinner for Notts and England and Swanny is now part of the BT commentary team along with Vaughany, Ricky, Gillie, Boyks, Ali and Flem :( :rolleyes:.
Don't think the river in question was named after him though.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Placido wrote:There may be many, many 'Swan Rivers' for all I know, possibly all named for the same reason :shrug:.

That's right - Graeme Swann was a spinner for Notts and England and Swanny is now part of the BT commentary team along with Vaughany, Ricky, Gillie, Boyks, Ali and Flem :( :rolleyes:.
Don't think the river in question was named after him though.
How disappointing for him :( maybe it was Donald Swann then who used to sing about double decker buses and mud :)

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 pm

:laugh: :D

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 am

:clap: :nod: Loved them !!

"I'm a gnu - a gnother gnu." !!!! :laugh:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Swan at SCG 002.JPG
Further to my occasional lantern-slide swanny scenes (No. 2 of 42), herewith we have typical specimens of Cygnus Sydneymus with very poor camera work.
This variant inhabits the pools outwith the SCG (legendary Sydney Cricket Ground where they eat English batsmen for breakfast).
Its diet consists mainly of Kookaburra cricket balls and fledgling brand new English spin bowlers (Masonius Craneae).

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:01 am

:laugh: :clap: :laugh: