CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Placido

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Thing is though, tbc has had many encounters with me and doesn't give a fig whether he repeats them or not banghead

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:18 am

Dress up as a magpie :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Well I did that but he saw straight through my disguise .......

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Placido wrote:Well I did that but he saw straight through my disguise .......
Sorry you've failed the audition for the Chrimbo pantomime. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Looked out of the front window toady and lying in the middle of the road was a dead cat :cry3:, which suddenly rolled over. It was the Siamese from up the road and it was attempting to mesmerise 2 magpies into coming closer. It rolled again and they hopped to the edge of the nearest front lawn and watched.
The cat lay still and they began to peck into the grass, seemingly losing interest. Siamese gradually raised itself to a crouch and crept along the gutter while the magpies continued to peck, just out of range. I think they were watching the cat just as much as it was watching them

The cat broke first and dashed towards the nearest bird, which flew off. The second, however, remained, ostensibly pecking, until the cat also rushed at it, and then there were none.

I then saw for the first time one of the members of the feline menagerie from the house opposite me, which seemed to have been watching the whole thing from a hidden vantage point. It jumped out at the Siamese which leaped a foot in the air and the two of them tussled. It became a sort of game and everyone went home happy.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:06 pm

Placido wrote:Looked out of the front window toady and lying in the middle of the road was a dead cat :cry3:, which suddenly rolled over. It was the Siamese from up the road and it was attempting to mesmerise 2 magpies into coming closer. It rolled again and they hopped to the edge of the nearest front lawn and watched.
The cat lay still and they began to peck into the grass, seemingly losing interest. Siamese gradually raised itself to a crouch and crept along the gutter while the magpies continued to peck, just out of range. I think they were watching the cat just as much as it was watching them

The cat broke first and dashed towards the nearest bird, which flew off. The second, however, remained, ostensibly pecking, until the cat also rushed at it, and then there were none.

I then saw for the first time one of the members of the feline menagerie from the house opposite me, which seemed to have been watching the whole thing from a hidden vantage point. It jumped out at the Siamese which leaped a foot in the air and the two of them tussled. It became a sort of game and everyone went home happy.
TV programmes with less action than that pass for entertainment nowadays. You should sell tickets. Mates rates for Forum Members I hope :)

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:05 am

Jacksparrow wrote: TV programmes with less action than that pass for entertainment nowadays. You should sell tickets. Mates rates for Forum Members I hope :)
I do :yummy:.
Form an orderly queue, please. Have your money ready. No change given.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:17 pm

:wow: What happenings! :eek:

Did the second magpie get away?

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:14 pm

Yes, Nuthatch, it did, when the Siamese thought it was as daft as the first one - NOT !!!:rolleyes:.
Maggies 2 - Siamese 0.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:06 pm

:clap: Oh good. I'd loved to have seen all that playing dead and rolling over :roses: then the 'fight' finale.
That Siamese sounds a right character; I can't stop chuckling picturing it :laugh: