PIED WAGTAILS

All your bird talk in here
Willpar

Re: PIED WAGTAILS

Post by Willpar » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:23 am

Hi Jacksparrow, yes I had already put some mealworms down for them. have to feed them in the open, as no doubt they are on the local cats menu. Pesky plague of them here.

johnd83

Post by johnd83 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:50 pm

One of my favourite birds. :)

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Had an interloper around lunchtime today. Was a bit of chasing going on as my regular duo tried to eject the other one. It did move on in the end.

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:09 pm

Looks like my pied wagtail season is over now. What I take is the male left 3 weeks ago. The other maybe the female never turned up today. Quite a long run from November the first when they first came down for food. Hope they have a good breeding season, and perhaps see them again novemberish.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Willpar wrote:Looks like my pied wagtail season is over now. What I take is the male left 3 weeks ago. The other maybe the female never turned up today. Quite a long run from November the first when they first came down for food. Hope they have a good breeding season, and perhaps see them again novemberish.
Typical innit. They turn up uninvited when it suits them. Scoff your food for months and are then gone again without so much as a thank you. :D

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Know what you mean jacksparrow, but has been great having them around. Must be great to turn up on your doorstep for four months plus, and get all you can eat. But it has been lovely just feeding them and observing. You get to know them quite well. Like the male didn`t like the female being fed first, he would run after her all over the car park. I have had so much pleasure in watching these lovely birds over the winter.
But all is not lost, one chapter closes and another soon opens, bring on the hedgehogs.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Willpar wrote:Know what you mean jacksparrow, but has been great having them around. Must be great to turn up on your doorstep for four months plus, and get all you can eat. But it has been lovely just feeding them and observing. You get to know them quite well. Like the male didn`t like the female being fed first, he would run after her all over the car park. I have had so much pleasure in watching these lovely birds over the winter.
But all is not lost, one chapter closes and another soon opens, bring on the hedgehogs.
I know what you mean Willpar. Wild birds are free agents to come and go as they please but at least you have the pleasure of knowing they chose to spend some time with you. :nod:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Male and female pied wagtails today. Put down some live mealworms for them. The male came over and had some but not the female.

Just been out with some more mealworms as the male was in the carpark. Last time I had seen the male was November 2nd. Just for a day. Perhaps now they will stay for the winter.

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:36 pm

Hopefully they will, Willpar. Now that the weather's changing maybe they're getting in first !!

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:38 pm

:D That's great, Willpar - wonder if they're the same two as last year. They're a few weeks later arriving this year :blackbird: :blackbird: