BLACKBIRDS

All your bird talk in here
User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5115
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: BLACKBIRDS

Post by Placido » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:52 am

:( :( Very bad luck, Willpar. Cats should be subject to the lockdown rules.

Willpar
Posts: 3638
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: BLACKBIRDS

Post by Willpar » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:15 am

If it is the same male blackbird, then it was collecting food for its young. I don't know if the female will be able to manage it on her own.

User avatar
Butterfly
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:45 am

Re: BLACKBIRDS

Post by Butterfly » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:01 pm

Willpar wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:15 am
If it is the same male blackbird, then it was collecting food for its young. I don't know if the female will be able to manage it on her own.
:weep: :(

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4221
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: BLACKBIRDS

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:12 pm

Willpar has highlighted the big problem. Any predation by either moggy or Sprawk can lead to a nestful of chicks being lost. No-one can watch their garden all the daylight hours but we must remember to take an extra look to make sure the moggies aren't hiding waiting to pounce.

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5115
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: BLACKBIRDS

Post by Placido » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:40 am

Was surprised that Willpar's blackie might be feeding young this early but this morning early there was a male taking suet pellets away in a handcart !!
k1, p1

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4221
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: BLACKBIRDS

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Placido wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:40 am
Was surprised that Willpar's blackie might be feeding young this early but this morning early there was a male taking suet pellets away in a handcart !!
k1, p1
Panic shopping or Stockpiling?

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5115
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: BLACKBIRDS

Post by Placido » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:17 am

I think that is an ungracious question. Blackies are very law abiding citizens :shake: :unsure:

Willpar
Posts: 3638
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: BLACKBIRDS

Post by Willpar » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 am

Good news? Male blackbird in the garden this morning. Begs the question, is it the same one and got away from the cat. Or is it another one? But real glad to see it.

User avatar
Butterfly
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:45 am

Re: BLACKBIRDS

Post by Butterfly » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:12 am

Willpar wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 am
Good news? Male blackbird in the garden this morning. Begs the question, is it the same one and got away from the cat. Or is it another one? But real glad to see it.
That really is good news Willpar :clap: , thank God! :blackbird:

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4221
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: BLACKBIRDS

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:57 pm

Mr Blackbird was "worming" my front lawn this evening. I congratulated him on his fatherhood as he flew off with the results in his beak. :nod: :blackbird:

Post Reply