STARLINGS

All your bird talk in here
Biker

Re: STARLINGS

Post by Biker » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:16 pm

Jacksparrow wrote:
Placido wrote:Aaaahhaaahh, it's all coming out now. Bikey's sorely put-upon neighbours have to contend with loadsa seagulls. Now we didn't know that.
We thought, not surprisingly, that the problem was purely sturks queuing on everyone's clothes lines waiting to be auditioned for the next episode of The Sturkling Adventures (crowd scenes).

Frankly, I'm on the neighbours' side. Someone should ring The Council.
:laugh: :nod: :iagree:
Brilliant!!!! :nod:
Got some purple wild native flowers growing that have been swamped with Bees. Sturklets run down the path to check it out. Sparrows fly down to have a look. Never seen so much interest in what is regarded by many as a 'weed'. Had a look in and the plant is full of little critturks!!! So, I went out and bought a trellis today to help the plant grow upwards. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Are the purple wild flowers Convolvulus, Bikey ?? Obviously a climber if you've bought a trellis ??

Biker

Post by Biker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:52 am

Will take a pic and post on the forum placi. :)

Biker

Post by Biker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:33 pm

Pic one : The plant that is attracting lots of attention from Bees and Birds. Any ideas what it is?
Pic two : Another purple plant that seems to adopted my garden.
Pics three and four : The new layout with native shrubs and two revitalised Cotteneasters (recovering well after lots of loving care and work on drainage) that will soon make the Berlin wall history. Sturks, Sparrows, Blackbirds, Magpies, Blue Tits and a Jay seem to like how it's shaping up. :)
z7a.jpg

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Personally, I give up on Pic. 1 :shrug:. I thought it might be a Vinca but it seems to have 6 petals.
Pic. 2 is an Aquilegia (Columbine). Mostly the wild ones are purple like this one. Lovely :yes:.
Pix 3. and 4. are super !! Plenty of hidey places. Perfick :nod:.

Pic. 1 has got me going now :rolleyes: ........

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:00 pm

I think/assume it's the same adolesturk I reported a few days ago - he likes the garden and the food. Spotted him eating away beneath the silver birch 4 times today :).
No buddies though .......

Biker

Post by Biker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Me'be the youngsturk has adopted you as his/her lookout placi :nod: :) Unusual though. Wonder why this one is on their own? Thank goodness the little'un found your garden!! :) You should name the bird 'Olivurk' or 'Oliviaurk'. :nod:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:03 am

Pic 1 looks like Star of Bethlehem but blue :laugh: and with the wrong leaves :rofl:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:51 am

Thank you for your nominal suggestions, Bikey. However, his name is Shelby ....... 'cos he's one of The Beaky Blinders :rofl2: :rofl: (geddit ?!?!?).

Dunno whether he's spread the word or they were there all the time but this morn up turns a parent with 2 young sturks in tow. Made straight for the food beneath the birch and got on with it. After a moment or two the parent scarpered and the 2 babies followed later.
Shelby wasn't one of them 'cos he's a bit older, at the stage of an adult shape but still with the pale beige breast. Can't fill the little ...... love :rolleyes:.

Biker

Post by Biker » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Goddit!! :) Shelby it is then. :nod: :) Luuuuuurve Beaky Blindurks!!!!! Flat cap, attitude .... mmmmm (he thinks - which is hardly ever a good thing). :unsure: