Indian Ring necked Parakeets

All your bird talk in here
squirrel

Indian Ring necked Parakeets

Post by squirrel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:22 am

Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't been around for a while, but you may know my parents both have dementia and they have been taking a lot of my time, not to mention my full time shifts at the hospital.

A couple of weeks ago we had a very unusual visitor at our Clinical Sciences building at the hospital. It was a blue Indian Ring necked Parakeet. It was seen several times a day over a period of about 5 days. I managed to get some pictures of it too. It particularly liked the berries on this tree in the car park!

It was strange as that very same week this article appeared in our local paper:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... m-12064516

I thought this was the same parakeet we found at work, but the date for the article was wrong (23/10) - the Parakeet was spotted by us from about 27/10 to 31/10. Also the eyes on our Parakeet look yellow on my photos and the one in the Newspaper article has white eyes. Could it be the man in the article has the wrong parakeet? It seems such a coincidence this person lived near the industrial estate and that is where the hospital is. There can't be that many Blue Indian Ring necked parakeets hanging out in trees in the wild can there?

Jacksparrow

Re: Indian Ring necked Parakeets

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:39 pm

Good to hear from you again Squirrel. :nod: Sorry to hear about your difficulties and we fully understand you have your priorities.
How very odd the story about the Blue Parakeet. I have a feeling your theory might be well founded but we'll probably never know. Excellent :photo: of the escapee too. :clap:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:48 pm

:waving: Hiya Squirrel, mate :D. Great to hear from you again and with such an intriguing story !!
One of Life's little mysteries that one, and no mistake. Beautiful bird and I just luuurve the colour.

All the best, Squirrel - join us when you can :love:

squirrel

Post by squirrel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Thank you so much for your nice comments. I think about you all often, but sometimes just getting my tea is hard work (and of course the wildlife's tea too! Never forget my furry and feathered friends!) but I will get to post as often as I can, thank you! :love:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:28 am

:wave2: Squirrel - I am often thinking of you too :fox: :hedgehog: :blackbird: :mouse: :bee: :squirrel:

Well that's a funny one, isn't it :detective: and they did say that 'Oscar' did a little dance when he saw his owner :banana: :D

It seems funny that people can 'own' birds :unsure:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Lovely bird squirrel. Nice to see you again.