ROBINS

All your bird talk in here
Jacksparrow

Re: ROBINS

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun May 08, 2016 8:03 pm

The nestlings still haven't fledged but there has been a development inasmuch that female half of the pairing has decided to start another nest in the same ivy covered wall but a bit nearer the hose. She spent half the day transporting leaves into the new site while he slogged away feeding the young 'uns alone. :)

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Mon May 09, 2016 10:11 am

.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Jacksparrow

Yay :D Placi, Bobbin home for Sunday lunch :yes: :)

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri May 13, 2016 7:30 pm

It is my belief that the nestlings have now fledged. I have not seen either adult today so I have no idea where everyone has gone. :shrug:

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri May 13, 2016 8:38 pm

Sounds like they're all adrift in the big, wide world :weep:, Jacksparrow.

In a few days' time either dad will come back to you or if you wander around le chateau making a noise like a mealworm you might see a small brown, spotty teenager regarding you from a bush :nod:.
Make friends 'cos that's your next year's entertainment.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon May 30, 2016 8:24 pm

A pair of Robins have begun making themselves visible in the front garden again. I have not seen one with nesting material but they keep disappearing behind my flowering blackcurrant. :shrug:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue May 31, 2016 11:53 am

How very intriguing !! Hope it portends what we hope it portends :)

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:46 pm

Whilst scrubbing out the still this affie I looked up and there was Rambo on his usual perch, the back door handle. Out I went, suspecting nothing, and on the pine table was a roblet :) :clap:. Rambo instantly chased him away and that's the last I saw of him.

Now, the thing is, is that bad-tempered Rambo's eldest progeny or, as he saw him off, is this Bobbin's youngster ????

For New Readers: Rambo is last year's Best Mate who is still around, and Bobbin is this year's new Best Mate who reared a brood this spring but hasn't been seen for some weeks as Rambo keeps chasing him away !!

Either way :shrug:, the next generation is lovely to see. I hope Rigoletto will be back .......

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:16 am

:D Rigoletto :bird2:

Placi, do you make anything in your still?

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:57 am

:waving:
:pot: Honest Placi (Liquid Refreshments) Inc. has embarked upon a small but daringly irresistible sideline - liqueur HB :wow: :wow: :wow: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The first batch was a slight setback hence the scrubbing of the still but, Nothing Ventured and all that .......
Christmas Orders Being Taken Now :nod: To Avoid Disappointment
(Projected flavour: Bridie and Neep.)

Very taken with the next robiny generation, Rachmaninoff :P. Cheekiness just runs in that family. Haven't had 3 generations previously and am simply delighted.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:16 pm

It would seem I am somewhat behind the curve with the Robins in my front garden. The activity I reported earlier was them feeding a young family. Both birds have been busy today,coming and going fairly frequently and I saw one with a faecal(spelling :shrug: ) sack. :)