All your bird talk in here
Placido

Re: R S P B

Post by Placido » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Wot, wot ??

Biker

Post by Biker » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:22 pm

Sadly, Ian Botham has put his face and name to leading a campaign to discredit the RSPB due to their actions on trying to protect raptors from persecution on private lands. He is also in active support of blood sports including rearing birds just to be shot. If there are any sides to be taken, then I side with the RSPB. Botham is not the nice guy and hero he once was and is bent on destroying the reputation of a charity that has done a lot of good over many years. :nod: :(

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:37 am

Too much Shredded Wheat.

Biker

Post by Biker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:53 am

:clap: :rofl:

Biker

Post by Biker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:58 am

Here is the campaign group. It is not just the RSPB. They have 47 wildlife trusts in their sights. :(

http://www.youforgotthebirds.com/

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:02 pm

:owl: :scratch: :(

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:54 pm

The Boy's Own Hero .......

Biker

Post by Biker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:41 pm

I always looked up to Freddy Trueman placi. He is my Boys Own hero. Stayed true to his roots too (Yorkshireman tha noz - sey na more). :)

On the subject of RSPB, they do an amazing job of involving young people in wildlife activities. My grandchildren receive a quarterly magazine targeted at their specific age group that sets puzzles, has colouring pages and sets challenges to achieve over the coming months. They also have competitions that one of my grandchildren won and she will get to meet a CBBC wildlife presenter soon at a RSPB reserve. They are not perfect, nothing is, but they do try to engage young people in a positive way that helps them to become more aware of the need to preserve/conserve our wildlife. Their garden is very small, but they have built a garden that now has a slow worm (called Cloe the Slowy), visits from Goldfinches, Bluetits and the occasional Sturklings plus a nesting box that has been adopted by a Sparrow couple. They also have a variety of plants that attract Bees and Bugs. From personal experience, the RSPB are doing a very good job of teaching future generations to look after what we have and try to help it along a bit. Wurf it I reckon. :nod: :) :)

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:59 am

:D wow :clap: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:42 pm

I'm delighted to see you're getting your grandchildren started early with an interest in nature. I trust the one that won a prize :trophy: for colouring-in didn't get any help from Granddad. :shake: :thumbsup: