R S P B

All your bird talk in here
Placido

Re: R S P B

Post by Placido » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Lovely story, Bikey :nod: - catch 'em young works every time.

Bad feelings about the clash twixt Sir Ian and the Society - not a man to cross I think :(

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:24 am

Jacksparrow wrote:I'm delighted to see you're getting your grandchildren started early with an interest in nature. I trust the one that won a prize :trophy: for colouring-in didn't get any help from Granddad. :shake: :thumbsup:

Nobody said it was colouring-in :shake: :D It might have been climb the tallest tree or scale the fence and work out the square footage (or metric rub.) of all the decking you can spot :nod:

Biker

Post by Biker » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:27 am

nuthatch wrote:
Jacksparrow wrote:I'm delighted to see you're getting your grandchildren started early with an interest in nature. I trust the one that won a prize :trophy: for colouring-in didn't get any help from Granddad. :shake: :thumbsup:

Nobody said it was colouring-in :shake: :D It might have been climb the tallest tree or scale the fence and work out the square footage (or metric rub.) of all the decking you can spot :nod:
:) :) :rofl: (decking)!! The competition was to write a short story based upon a recent walk in the countryside, featuring any wildlife found. My eldest grandchild did the walk around her garden and wrote about the garden features previously described (nestbox, Chloe, bug area etc). It fitted in well with the 'give nature a home' message, which is why I think it won. :nod: :)

Biker

Post by Biker » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:34 am

Placido wrote:Lovely story, Bikey :nod: - catch 'em young works every time.

Bad feelings about the clash twixt Sir Ian and the Society - not a man to cross I think :(
Agree placi. Sir Beefalot has a lot of friends in high places and is clearly prepared to pull his political and media allies on board. Feel sure that the RSPB will absorb the blows, but I do fear for the smaller wildlife charities that will come under his campaigns scrutiny. :(

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:38 pm

I hang my head in shame at even entertaining the thought that Biker may have coached is eldest grandchild towards her well deserved win. I not so sure I would have been so reticent to lend a hand if called upon. :shake:
Congratulations to Grandbikeress and I hope this is just the start of greater things to come. :)

Biker

Post by Biker » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:22 am

Jacksparrow wrote:I hang my head in shame at even entertaining the thought that Biker may have coached is eldest grandchild towards her well deserved win. I not so sure I would have been so reticent to lend a hand if called upon. :shake:
Congratulations to Grandbikeress and I hope this is just the start of greater things to come. :)
:yes: :) Had it been a drawing or colouring competition ........ :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:52 am

Didn't Bikey tell us once upon a time that his eldest grandchild's 37 ?? :scratch:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:27 pm

Yes, 37 months :rabbit:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Placido wrote:Didn't Bikey tell us once upon a time that his eldest grandchild's 37 ?? :scratch:
:rofl: :nod:

Biker

Post by Biker » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Nuthatch : :wave2: :love: Placi and Jacksparra : :unsure: :haha: :drill: