BIRD FEEDING

All your bird talk in here

Re: BIRD FEEDING

Postby Butterfly » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:25 am

That seems to be the same with my birds :nod: . I was starting to get worried, so I was happy to see that all the food has vanished by the time I got back from work :D
Butterfly

Postby Kev » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:34 am

Same here. My feeders have been very quiet while the sun was out. I guess it's easier for them to find active caterpillars, daddy long legs and the like. But when it cools down they're more likely to come looking for the birdy equivalent of a McDonalds drive through! :)

I've got a nice little family of 4 fledgeling blueys that come and visit together. Taking quite a while to get their adult colours. I thought they might have come through by now. I was wondering if they were a second brood but reading around it seems it's too much effort for them to have another set so they must just be a bit slow getting their colour.
Kev
Site Admin

Postby Jacksparrow » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:28 pm

Kev wrote:Same here. My feeders have been very quiet while the sun was out. I guess it's easier for them to find active caterpillars, daddy long legs and the like. But when it cools down they're more likely to come looking for the birdy equivalent of a McDonalds drive through! :)

I've got a nice little family of 4 fledgeling blueys that come and visit together. Taking quite a while to get their adult colours. I thought they might have come through by now. I was wondering if they were a second brood but reading around it seems it's too much effort for them to have another set so they must just be a bit slow getting their colour.

Blue tits are single brooders. Their nesting has to coincide with the boom in caterpillar numbers in the spring. Any later and it's likely to fail.
Jacksparrow

Previous

Return to Birds