BIRD FEEDING

All your bird talk in here
Placido

Re: BIRD FEEDING

Post by Placido » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:31 am

Just when we thought we could look forward to a carefree, tranquil Christmas, here's something else to worry about ....... Ambrosia seeds :jawdrop: :yikes: :faint: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These little beggars, the seeds of Common Ragwort, lurk in the bird seed we all happily purchase for the delight of our fevvered friends, and are desperately allergenic.
Seed has now to be checked and cleared of these seeds (which are common in bird seed) or we'll all go down with rhinitis, streaming eyes, coffs and anti-histamine pills.
:christmas:
:weep:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Placido wrote:Just when we thought we could look forward to a carefree, tranquil Christmas, here's something else to worry about ....... Ambrosia seeds :jawdrop: :yikes: :faint: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These little beggars, the seeds of Common Ragwort, lurk in the bird seed we all happily purchase for the delight of our fevvered friends, and are desperately allergenic.
Seed has now to be checked and cleared of these seeds (which are common in bird seed) or we'll all go down with rhinitis, streaming eyes, coffs and anti-histamine pills.
:christmas:
:weep:
Eh! What? When did that happen? Can I borrow a box of tissues? :sofa: :bolt:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:00 am

I kn-o-o-o-w :weep:. I can't believe it either (choo) but it's truuuue (choo).
I was thoughtfully purchasing a new half-ton of Mixed Seed yesterday at the cheapest price (plus mates' rates plus VAT exemption plus squatter's rights) and noticed the disclaimer/proud boast that Whoever's seeds had been screened for Ambrosia. :confused: :confused: :confused: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: so I googled it and found it to be true.
Just beginning to get over Aflatoxin and now THIS :eek:.

Tissues, did you say ??? :nod: :nod: :nod:
Please contact - Honest Placi (Disposable "Paper") Inc. for special Xmas ripoffs.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:39 pm

I have leapt into action and immediately consigned my tins of rice pudden to the care of the local tip. That place down in Devon where they make it will have to shut down,I suppose. I fell sorry for the workers it being Chrimbo and all but the country must be cleansed with the greatest of haste :prod: .
Many thanks to our ever vigilant contributor in the Wee Glen for drawing our attention to the gathering storm :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 am

:roses:

Note to Kev: Can we please have an emoji signifying Modesty, Moderation and Restraint ?
Much obliged.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:53 pm

Now we have reached meteorological Spring I look back over the winter months and find myself wondering where all my birds have gone. I have a small,faithful group who appear everyday but I have had no appreciable upturn in numbers at all at any stage. Blackbirds,normally a winter stalwart have stubbornly hovered around 3 or 4 individuals while finches have been a disappointment. I have no proper idea why this has come to pass. It could be that my house as been surrounded by a belt of new build homes so perhaps the bird fanciers :feedbirds: among them are getting the ones that would hitherto have come my way. :grumpy:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:27 am

I absolutely copy the above :nod:. Who's gottem ???

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:50 pm

My garden was really busy during the winter, apart from the usual suspects starlings, doves, pigeons, tit families, robin ... there was a couple of black birds, blackcap, GSW, a couple of dunnocks ... so it was very lively :nod: .
I'm away now for 2 weeks though so they are not being fed :( . I hope they come back later once I'm back and normal routine is back in place :feedbirds:

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:07 pm

I am sure they will return enjoy your 2 weeks ,they come and go as they please sturks have been few all winter I put out a fat candle today and they came in there droves still got my greenfinches and goldies blackbirds are few.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Currently most of the food on offer is being scoffed very quickly. All the usual suspects are visiting and visiting frequently. The hanging seed feeder is especially busy requiring a top up at least twice per day.