Biker wrote:
greenfinch2 wrote:Hiya Biker ,far you been . :wave2:

Hi Greenfinch !! :wave2: :)
BrentLodge9h.jpg
:laugh: :clap:

Placido

Re: BIRD FEEDING

Post by Placido » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:07 am

Loved the drawing, Bikey - good as ever.

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Ats good news, :wave2:

Biker

Post by Biker » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Placido wrote:Loved the drawing, Bikey - good as ever.
:hug2: :drill:

Biker

Post by Biker » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:11 pm

greenfinch2 wrote:Ats good news, :wave2:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:50 am

I wonder if anyone can enlighten me in this matter ..... for a while now, the starlings in my garden stopped eating suet pellets :unsure: , which is really strange since they couldn't get enough of them before. They are not around much, but they do come to eat, usually early in the morning, and then couple of them throughout the day, they eat mealworm but not suet pellets. Suet pellets have gone hard and I threw them away and put the fresh ones, but because of this heat they are going hard again since they don't eat them. Even collared doves don't eat them.
So I'm wondering if maybe its because of this heat wave that they don't fancy eating them? :confused: Would they maybe go off in this heat so the birds feel that? :unsure:
Has anyone had any similar experience? :)

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:26 pm

Butterfly wrote:I wonder if anyone can enlighten me in this matter ..... for a while now, the starlings in my garden stopped eating suet pellets :unsure: , which is really strange since they couldn't get enough of them before. They are not around much, but they do come to eat, usually early in the morning, and then couple of them throughout the day, they eat mealworm but not suet pellets. Suet pellets have gone hard and I threw them away and put the fresh ones, but because of this heat they are going hard again since they don't eat them. Even collared doves don't eat them.
So I'm wondering if maybe its because of this heat wave that they don't fancy eating them? :confused: Would they maybe go off in this heat so the birds feel that? :unsure:
Has anyone had any similar experience? :)
I don't feed suet pellets so I can be of no help :shrug:

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:43 pm

I dont use pellets either only in winter ,but they returned quickly for my suet shell ,demolished it in an hour and have not seen a sturk since.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:58 pm

Thanks guys :)
Its really odd, I have a couple of suet shells too but they don't eat them either, a little nibble now and than and that's all. They've been there for days now. Really odd :scratch: . I noticed they haven't bathed lately either, dirty birds :P

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:35 pm

The last few days have been cooler with some rain and my birds have found their appetites again. During the hot spell consumption was a very low ebb which would suggest that they are much like ourselves in that regard.