WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

All your bird talk in here
Willpar
Posts: 3839
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Willpar » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:49 pm

Here is a clip from my camera trap i left out . Shows two.


User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4360
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Good capture Willpar. Two for the price of one perhaps?

User avatar
Butterfly
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:45 am

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Butterfly » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:05 pm

That's a lovely clip Willpar :yes:

I saw my Robin earlier having a nice looooong bath .... in the rain :shrug: :D

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4360
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:14 pm

Butterfly wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:05 pm
That's a lovely clip Willpar :yes:

I saw my Robin earlier having a nice looooong bath .... in the rain :shrug: :D
Perhaps he couldn't wait for a fine day to come along :shrug:

User avatar
Butterfly
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:45 am

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Butterfly » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:09 am

Jacksparrow wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:14 pm
Butterfly wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:05 pm
That's a lovely clip Willpar :yes:

I saw my Robin earlier having a nice looooong bath .... in the rain :shrug: :D
Perhaps he couldn't wait for a fine day to come along :shrug:
Or birds are just crazy :nod:

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4360
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:31 pm

Not seen by myself and not in my garden. My daughter and her family have just returned from a week in Cornwall While on a visit to Padstow they purchased pasties(what else?) and went to the harbour front to eat them they were soon joined by some birds to share the feast but they were not any of the usual suspects. They couldn't ID them so filmed them on the iPad and asked me to have look. They were clearly small wader type birds so I consulted my Collins book of birds and they were Turnstones. I'd always assumed they were a shy species confined to the shoreline finding little goodies in the detritus at the high tide mark.

Willpar
Posts: 3839
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Willpar » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:19 pm

Now you say that jacksparrow. Wasn`t it on Autumn watch last year that there was a clip of just that somewhere in the UK.

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4360
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Willpar wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:19 pm
Now you say that jacksparrow. Wasn`t it on Autumn watch last year that there was a clip of just that somewhere in the UK.
I must have missed that. Pasty eating Turnstones were new to me. :)

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4360
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:53 pm

Today I had a visit from a GS Woodpecker :) . It was on the fatball feeder. to the best of my knowledge that is the first time for about three years. :banana:

Willpar
Posts: 3839
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Willpar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Good visitor to have. Seen them down the woods here, but not in my garden.

Post Reply