WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

All your bird talk in here
Willpar

Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....

Post by Willpar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Took a walk around some different lanes this morning. Noticed a cow in a field and then 5 little egrets flew up. Lovely to see.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:34 pm

:banana: :bunny: :D :yes:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:17 pm

Placido wrote:It came again yestoady and did the same thing: straight inside the cage without ruffling a single feather, enjoyed its meal, exited without fuss and away it went :).
Some blackbirds :dunce:are still bouncing around outside the cage and can't seem to twig the secret :shrug:.

Clever song thrush :).
There is a small difference in the size of an adult Blackbird and a Song Thrush so I wonder if the Blackies worry about the constricted sensation they get when passing through the bars of the cage. They may worry that they wouldn't be able to escape easily if there was a danger :shrug: .

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:05 am

I would concur absolutely (as I usually do :rolleyes:) with your conjecture, Jacksparrow, except that some blackbirds, both m and f, now go in and out of the cage without a second thought but some just don't seem able to get the hang of it.
I reckon they're much like human beans.

Jay

Post by Jay » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:56 pm

We have just moved from Glos to Mid Wales close to a big pine forest, Back in Glos we could see upto 17 Goldfinches in the garden at any one time but that’s the only bird we would see, Here you can get hypnotised by the diferant breeds plus the 1000s of visits to the bird feeder, We have most days all 3 types of woodpeckers in the garden some times at the same time ,How common is this ???thanks Andy

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Jay wrote:We have just moved from Glos to Mid Wales close to a big pine forest, Back in Glos we could see upto 17 Goldfinches in the garden at any one time but that’s the only bird we would see, Here you can get hypnotised by the diferant breeds plus the 1000s of visits to the bird feeder, We have most days all 3 types of woodpeckers in the garden some times at the same time ,How common is this ???thanks Andy
Very uncommon as the Lesser Spotted Woodpecker is rare and illusive. whatever you're doing to attract the birds keep it going. :)

Jay

Post by Jay » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 pm

Will do I’ll dig my camera out tommorow as we only moved in 10 days ago and post snaps asap. Andy

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:38 pm

Jay wrote:Will do I’ll dig my camera out tommorow as we only moved in 10 days ago and post snaps asap. Andy
We will fully understand if there is a delay in photos appearing. Get the essential jobs out of the way for the sake of domestic harmony :wife: we can be patient. :nod:

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48 am

Today so far
Red Kite
Blue tits Loads
Great Tit Loads
Coal Tit Loads
Robin
Dunnock ...I think
Jays 3
Nut Hatch 3
Great Spotted Woodpecker 2

I have taken picks when I can work the laptop my wife’s given me lol

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:09 pm

A very cute female Blackcap appeared today. I saw it on the niger seed feeder and the hanging fat ball feeder. :nod: