WOOD PIGEONS

All your bird talk in here

Re: WOOD PIGEONS

Postby Placido » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:49 am

Jumped out and put a brick beneath the front tyre to bring the VWs to a stop. The woodies appeared to be quite interested.
P.S.: The other 2 wheels are there, I just don't use them very much.
Placido

Postby Jacksparrow » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Placido wrote:Jumped out and put a brick beneath the front tyre to bring the VWs to a stop. The woodies appeared to be quite interested.
P.S.: The other 2 wheels are there, I just don't use them very much.

:D :yes:
Jacksparrow

Postby Butterfly » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:48 pm

I try and discourage pigeons coming to my garden, not so much because I don't like them, but because of my neighbours, people tend to dislike them as they are messy. Anyway, there are a couple of woodies that I grew to really like :) . They are gentle, and clumsy funny :D
Few mornings ago, in one big tree nearby, I heard this magpie followed by commotion. I looked and saw what looked like a pigeon and magpie flapping their wings in between the branches, followed by magpie landing on nearby roof with something (couldn't make out what) and 2 more magpies flying around.
Today again I heard the magpie in the same tree, 3 of them flying out of it with one of them landing on nearby roof again with something. Later on I saw a woodie sitting inside that big tree on one branch.
I suspect now that the woodies have a nest inside that tree and magpies are harassing them and/or taking their nestlings :cry3:
I can't be sure, and hope I'm wrong! Its very upsetting :weep:
I'm starting to seriously dislike magpies :grumpy:
Butterfly

Previous

Return to Birds