All your bird talk in here
nuthatch

Re: WOOD PIGEONS

Post by nuthatch » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Looks on important business :D

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:39 pm

A pair of Woodies were wandering around the chateau garden today looking all lovey dovey. :love: :thumbsup:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:43 pm

I ventured out into the little alley at the rear of the chateau this morning to clear up any debris left in the wake of Doris. As it turned out there wasn't much but there was the rather sad sight of a lot of woody feathers and a few bloodied remains. A very recent victim of my visiting moggies I think :( . That is the second one this winter in the same alley. Unfortunately the cats can hunt my alley almost unseen but it is very tempting for the birds as it does not see much footfall and wild enough to host some tempting morsels.

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:04 pm

The chateau has an alley - wow :) ........
Info filed away and kept for another day :haha:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Placido wrote:The chateau has an alley - wow :) ........
Info filed away and kept for another day :haha:
Welcome back :yes: :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Thank you.
Banged up for 7 days for rioting up a chatley (just luuurve new words :D).

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:51 pm

:cat2: Alley cats :rolleyes: :shake: :cat:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:25 pm

Placido wrote:Thank you.
Banged up for 7 days for rioting up a chatley (just luuurve new words :D).
If I'd been the judge you'd have got 30 days. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Toady, I confess myself to being somewhat south of gruntled. For some days now I have noticed whole blossoms from the 2-varieties cherry tree lying on the lawn and put them down to a small spat up among the boughs by some of the many and various ornithos who grace said tree from time to time.
Today was when the gruntle disappeared :grumpy:. A wood pigeon was happily perched high up, pecking off the blossoms and eating them with every appearance of deep joy.

Now I like woodies, I really do, but this is sheer abuse. Notwithstanding the fact that the brute, errr, bird, was much too high up for anyone lacking a drone to be able to harvest the fruit, it's still a liberty.
If it comes within scary stick reach of the lower boughs, then ........ :wife:. Pigeon and cherry pie sounds good :yummy:.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Placido wrote:Toady, I confess myself to being somewhat south of gruntled. For some days now I have noticed whole blossoms from the 2-varieties cherry tree lying on the lawn and put them down to a small spat up among the boughs by some of the many and various ornithos who grace said tree from time to time.
Today was when the gruntle disappeared :grumpy:. A wood pigeon was happily perched high up, pecking off the blossoms and eating them with every appearance of deep joy.

Now I like woodies, I really do, but this is sheer abuse. Notwithstanding the fact that the brute, errr, bird, was much too high up for anyone lacking a drone to be able to harvest the fruit, it's still a liberty.
If it comes within scary stick reach of the lower boughs, then ........ :wife:. Pigeon and cherry pie sounds good :yummy:.
I felt much the same when I spotted my Sparrows munching happily on my plum blossom. Dark thoughts were harboured but within a day or two their attentions had wandered elsewhere and normality had been restored. :nod: