TREES AND LEAVES

For everything nature based that doesn't fit anywhere else!
nuthatch

Re: TREES AND LEAVES

Post by nuthatch » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:51 pm

I didn't know that about the pandas, Placi :D :yes: and had never before really considered the corridor effect.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon May 28, 2018 9:16 pm

My Rowan is in full blossom at present. This means I have to endure the not too pleasant aroma and the buzzing of the bees. I think every Honey Bee in the area is visiting at present. Here is one of them.
IMGP4669.JPG

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 am

I thought was a 'Spot the Bee' puzzle but once I'd magnified the pic I could see it :magnify: :tampoline:.

Seems to be a very good year for hawthorn - loads around here too :).
Harbinger of long, hot summer days and all that : "Ne'er cast a clout 'til may be oot". Well it is oot so clouts may be cast (I know I have :D).

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:39 pm

During todays mini ramble we passed through the outskirts of a large housing development. Part of the landscaping has been the planting of young fruit trees as the building plot was once a large orchard. We noticed last week one particular small pear tree was devoid of foliage but a few scraggy fruits were still hanging on. We passed the same tree again and it was in full blossom like we'd expect to see in April of May. I doubt we will see a second crop of pears, the frost will see to that. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:01 am

In full blossom now ?!?! Wow !!