THE ENVIRONMENT (The saving of)

For everything nature based that doesn't fit anywhere else!
Placido

THE ENVIRONMENT (The saving of)

Post by Placido » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:58 am

So.
Today I have Saved Our Planet :).
Purchased a pair of bamboo socks ('onest).
These fascinating little creatures are kind to the environment. The plant is sustainable: requires very little water, uses no pesticides and emits 35% more oxygen than its equivalent in trees.
Bamboo fibre has a beautifully soft, silk-like feel which is exceptionally kind to the skin.

Stop feeling guilty !! Buy them NOW (see below .....)

Honest Placi (Grass) Inc.
(We also purvey choppinhg boards)

Jacksparrow

Re: THE ENVIRONMENT (The saving of)

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Placido wrote:So.
Today I have Saved Our Planet :).
Purchased a pair of bamboo socks ('onest).
These fascinating little creatures are kind to the environment. The plant is sustainable: requires very little water, uses no pesticides and emits 35% more oxygen than its equivalent in trees.
Bamboo fibre has a beautifully soft, silk-like feel which is exceptionally kind to the skin.

Stop feeling guilty !! Buy them NOW (see below .....)

Honest Placi (Grass) Inc.
(We also purvey choppinhg boards)
Given bamboo's reputation for rapid growth you will be a foot taller in a weeks time. :)

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Are you telling the truth JS if so i would like a pair.

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:16 am

Well :eek: !! It's true !!
A closely-guarded personal byte :rolleyes:of personal information: je suis personally precisely 5.00ft 'tall'. At least I was until this morning when I realised with some surprise that my well-worn kilt is 6 ins shorter than heretofore :eek: and I am now 5 ft 6 ins :faint: and can reach the contents of my kitchen cupboards :clap:.

These Rapid Growth Sox are far more efficacious than shoe wedges.
Form an orderly queue please .......

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Placido wrote:Well :eek: !! It's true !!
A closely-guarded personal byte :rolleyes:of personal information: je suis personally precisely 5.00ft 'tall'. At least I was until this morning when I realised with some surprise that my well-worn kilt is 6 ins shorter than heretofore :eek: and I am now 5 ft 6 ins :faint: and can reach the contents of my kitchen cupboards :clap:.

These Rapid Growth Sox are far more efficacious than shoe wedges.
Form an orderly queue please .......
I think I might raise a note of caution. you may need to ration the amount of time you wear them as previously easily entered doorways etc may now threaten the cranium area banghead

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:16 pm

And another thing ....... those bent on Saving Our Planet may now purchase bamboo (formerly paper) kitchen towels.
The delight of geowarriors knows no bounds - somebody's got to do it !

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Regular readers may recall the bamboo sox which are saving the planet - well, toady an intriguing jiffy bag arrived without prior notice.
When gingerly opened I find to my awestruck delight A FREEBIE :clap: :rara: :tampoline: :woohoo: : a pair of free bamboo socks, just because .......
How very, very lovely, and I hadn't had the slightest intention of saving the planet at the time. Just goes to show how easy it is :nod:.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Placido wrote:Regular readers may recall the bamboo sox which are saving the planet - well, toady an intriguing jiffy bag arrived without prior notice.
When gingerly opened I find to my awestruck delight A FREEBIE :clap: :rara: :tampoline: :woohoo: : a pair of free bamboo socks, just because .......
How very, very lovely, and I hadn't had the slightest intention of saving the planet at the time. Just goes to show how easy it is :nod:.
Are you sure you haven't signed up for a delivery of sox every 3 months and your credit card will be debited accordingly. If you ever get more than you can cope with or eat I know of a deserving cause. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:26 am

Credit card wottited ????? :weep: :eek:
There's always a snag :weep:

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:06 pm

At dentist yesterday and the subject of bamboo socks came up 'twixt myself and his dental nurse. I had suggested to her an appropriate 'stocking filler' might be 3 pairs of bamboo socks - she'd never heard of them :eek: :unsure: - and the dentist chimed in to say that he had a pair of bamboo gardening gloves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rara: :banana:
Everybody's doing it :nod: :clap: