POND LINER

Fish, aquatic plants, amphibians, fountains and everything else pond related.
Jacksparrow

Re: POND LINER

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:46 pm

Placido wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:10 am
Tell you what .... do a deal - you provide my marsh dock with 24-hr security and Honest Placi (Tarps-to-go) Inc. will come and measure up. How's that ?? :nod:
Deal.your security will start at 0600GMT. Be aware their camouflage is impeccable and you may not be able to spot them. Please leave the tea and biccies in a sheltered position. TVM :)

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:49 am

Right. Tea 'n' bix beneath marsh dock in the shade. Guards on the gate have been alerted that strangers will approach - palms need to be greased.

Tarp measurers coming Wed, if not then Fri. Actually, you'd better stay in on Sat just in case an unavoidable delay occurs. In the unlikely even of No Show may I point out our dredging equipment - very reasonable hire rates.
Sithee (maybe).

E & OE
No refunds given
Money up front

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Cancel the Tarp. The pond liner was delivered at lunchtime :nod:
By 1500 hours GMT +1 it had been installed and was being refilled by a hosepipe and by the weather. Wet weather rarely comes at an opportune time but today it did. As I retired to the pavillion at 1700 hours the fill was complete.
There now follows a day or three of waiting for everything to settle in nicely before the relaying of the slabs around the pond edge. This last part is the part I'm least looking forward to as it is a pain in the bum to get the slabs level. :(

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:35 am

How very opportune :nod:. Unfortunately (for you) our Terms of Contract clearly state: No cancellations, no refunds.

Re the level laying of slabs - TIP: a marble on the slab facilitates simples levelling.
A free service from Honest Placi (Nostalgic Games) Inc.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:53 pm

Placido wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:35 am
How very opportune :nod:. Unfortunately (for you) our Terms of Contract clearly state: No cancellations, no refunds.

Re the level laying of slabs - TIP: a marble on the slab facilitates simples levelling.
A free service from Honest Placi (Nostalgic Games) Inc.
I think you've forgotten that no money has changed hands so no refund is required :shake: . I will, of course,have to withdraw the Marsh Dock security that formed part of the agreement because a better offer has been received. I wish your marsh dock all the best for the future however bleak it may now be. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:57 am

:yes:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:52 pm

After a few days break I returned to the pond today and found it had an inhabitant. A Frog :frog: I have a feeling it is the one that was slow getting the message that the old liner was coming out and had to be removed twice.
I reinstated the water lily which is now much trimmed back plus a small amount of the Purple Loosestrife. The edging slabs will have to wait for another day. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:25 am

Jacksparrow wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:52 pm
After a few days break I returned to the pond today and found it had an inhabitant. A Frog :frog: I have a feeling it is the one that was slow getting the message that the old liner was coming out and had to be removed twice.
I reinstated the water lily which is now much trimmed back plus a small amount of the Purple Loosestrife. The edging slabs will have to wait for another day. :nod:
Ahem :nod:

Must commend the fortitude, nay, faithfulness, of said frog :clap:. Fair dos, that one's a keeper !!

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Roughly half the slabs relaid today. The remaining un-slabbed bit borders my neighbours fence and my rockery and is consequently trickier to work around. There will be opportunities for yours truly to fall in the pond but for an old salt like myself it will be business as usual. :nod: :waving:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Half the slabs are WHAAAT ?!?!?!
Are you stealing the jobs of fully paid up members of The Slabbers and Layers Union (SALU) ??? A representative will be round shortly (we know where you live) to inspect your union card and sustificat of membership.
Otherwise it's All Out !!!