WHAT'S GROWING IN YOUR GARDEN ??

Tips, tricks, problems and solutions for the gardeners out there
Jacksparrow

Re: WHAT'S GROWING IN YOUR GARDEN ??

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:13 pm

Placido wrote:Whether caused by the snow last winter or the heatwave this summer my rowan tree has never been so bowed down with berries.
Such signs are sometimes read as harbingers of doom but maybe this bumper crop is merely the reflection of events past.

Aaaanyway, Place Your Orders Now for our upcoming speciality ... Rowan Berry and Oxo HB.
Ready for Christmas :nod:
I shall not require my normal bowserful of HB this year as the grape harvest will supply me with enough brandy to see me through the forthcoming arctic freeze. That's assuming the Rowans have got it right. :shrug:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Amazing what grows out of cracks :shrug: :nod: - a leeetle deep blue lobelia with just one flower enjoying the sunshine. No idea where it's come from - first one in my garden, but very welcome nevertheless.

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Buddleia roots 001 (640x480).jpg
I keep a small pile of various branches in a corner of the patio for any use to which mice may wish to put it (I have never ever seen a mouse anywhere near it :rolleyes: but we soldier on). This morning I inspected said pile for signs of use (none :() but noticed the above astounding sight on a buddleia pruned before Spring. It has suddenly grown aerial roots :eek:.
Now I'm sure they weren't there last week and can only ascribe the sudden appearance to the very mild wet spell we have enjoyed :shake: over Christmas.

Can't believe it has lived with no care whatsoever through the Summer Of 'Eighteen 90-degree heatwave, but it has.
Thing is, I don't want another white double-flowered buddleia but it seems a shame to ignore its tenacious fight for life :unsure:.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:21 pm

Placido wrote:
Buddleia roots 001 (640x480).jpg
I keep a small pile of various branches in a corner of the patio for any use to which mice may wish to put it (I have never ever seen a mouse anywhere near it :rolleyes: but we soldier on). This morning I inspected said pile for signs of use (none :() but noticed the above astounding sight on a buddleia pruned before Spring. It has suddenly grown aerial roots :eek:.
Now I'm sure they weren't there last week and can only ascribe the sudden appearance to the very mild wet spell we have enjoyed :shake: over Christmas.

Can't believe it has lived with no care whatsoever through the Summer Of 'Eighteen 90-degree heatwave, but it has.
Thing is, I don't want another white double-flowered buddleia but it seems a shame to ignore its tenacious fight for life :unsure:.
:wow: Tis a miracle. Monty Don is on his way to get some tips. He might want your twig :nod: Here's hoping :)

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 am

Daffodil, Feb '19 001.JPG
Is this a record ??

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Placido wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 am
Daffodil, Feb '19 001.JPG

Is this a record ??
It has to be for the Wee Glen. You don't usually get Daffs until after Easter when the winter snows have melted :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:51 pm

daff & tulip 002 (640x480).jpg
Same daff as previously. We almost have liftoff :D.
daff & tulip 002 (640x480).jpg
This/These are tulips: even more forward than the daff :eek:.

P.S.: Don't know why the daff has appeared twice :shrug: :confused:
Attachments
daff & tulip 004 (640x480).jpg

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:41 pm

Full bloom 001 (750x563).jpg
Taken yesterday. I calculate that this is a month early :unsure:.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:58 pm

Within the next 48 hours I shall have my first Bluebells in flower. It looks like being an early season. also my plum blossom has appeared over the last couple of days.
I didn't think it was that warm :shake:

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:39 pm

My Bluebells have come into flower ,Daffodils have been poor but my Tulips have done well the garden is looking good and green spring has well started .