SPRING 2015

Tips, tricks, problems and solutions for the gardeners out there
Placido

Re: SPRING 2015

Post by Placido » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:31 pm

I know, I know - please sir, I know .......

If we have a new topic called "Coats", and another entitled "Hats (legal or otherwise)" and a third catch-all called "Corners" then we have covered all the bases.
Everybody 'appy ..... :shrug: :shake:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:23 pm

Placido wrote:I do so agree that order should always prevail wherever possible (see previous discussion under WIST and subsequently acted upon with commendable celerity thus causing the parturition of WEIST).
In this regard and for the avoidance of confusion or mis-posting (heaven forfend :rolleyes: ) may I offer the suggestion that a Committee be set up forthwith to which all posts be submitted for judgement and that said Committee perform said judgements and forward each post to the appropriate Topic with sufficient alacrity as to prevent any hiatus in the minute by minute onward flow of the Forum.

Obviously a Steering Group must firstly be set up in order to write a cogent Book of Rules which shall bind and instruct the Committee, when set up, in the performance of its duty.

Perhaps Forum members might wish to submit written suggestions on:
(a) the membership and duties of The Steering Group (hereafter referred to as "The Steering Group");
(b) the contents of The Book of Rules (hereafter referred to as "The Book of Rules");
(c) the membership of and the emoluments commensurate with the heavy duties pertaining to The Committee (hereafter referred to as "The Committee";
(d) the setting up of a Sub-Topic within a Topic within a new Category regarding to the new mechanism now and hereinafter under proposal.

All in favour ..........
I agree totally. Before we start with your excellent plan though we need a period of public consultation where all stakeholders are given a chance to comment on the proposed changes. This important part of the democratic procedure cannot be hurried and I do not foresee us going into the second phase i.e. the election of the steering committee until 2016 at the earliest. It is also likely the Scottish members will require there own sub-committee or even form a breakaway group so there may be requirement to offer them additional representation.

greg

Post by greg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:46 pm

:sofa:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Today I noticed my Snakeshead Fritillary was in flower. Four blooms this year. :)

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Ah yes, the Pasque Flower :love: . Right on time for Easter !!

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:56 pm

Snakeshead Fritillary

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:54 pm

Lovely lovely lovely !! One of my faves :nod: :yes:

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Another nice day but alot cooler today I have been a bit busy but Im getting there lots of Butterflys and Bumble bees about Sparrows busy building they like my cotton wool,the damn crow is building and the Seagulls across the road have a stamp on my neighbours chimney it is all spikedso dont no how they will get on I hope they dont,I have never seen a sturk for days I have just put up a fat candle and they are all back,Daffs are lovely and JS has sent me one of his plants never ever had one but I do this year it is under a feeder at the front would they start off from a seed ??.Placi I have lost your Avator is your Robin nesting. :butterfly: :bee: :blackbird: :flower: :feedbirds: :wave2:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:13 pm

My Cuckoo Flower(a.k.a. Lady's Smock) has just started flowering.

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:57 pm

:waving: Hi, Greenfinch - yes, I think Mrs. Robin is sitting right now. He's taking food back so she has him well trained !! :nod: :)