SPRING 2015

Tips, tricks, problems and solutions for the gardeners out there
Jacksparrow

SPRING 2015

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:09 pm

While I was out on the road today I noticed that the Blackthorn in the hedgerows were in bloom. A sure sign that spring is upon us. :)

Placido

Re: SPRING 2015

Post by Placido » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:07 pm

You are KIDDING ?!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:
My treasured blackthorn (it's well-named) is nowhere near flowering.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:26 am

:wave2: Is this topic too similar to the FIRST SIGNS OF SPRING one in General Nature ?

Maybe it's just for SPRING IN THE GARDEN type of thing but the hedgerows referred to are out on the road - I'll get greg's coat :bolt: :sofa:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:36 pm

I take your point Nuthatch. I have posted in the First signs etc... and I forgot about it :rolleyes: But as you said we could use one for what is happening in our gardens and this one for elsewhere. It will be OK for when the first signs of Spring have morphed into Spring in general. I also thought it would be a handy reference for the coming years rather than trawling all through a thread looking for a particular event/time.

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:05 pm

I do so agree that order should always prevail wherever possible (see previous discussion under WIST and subsequently acted upon with commendable celerity thus causing the parturition of WEIST).
In this regard and for the avoidance of confusion or mis-posting (heaven forfend :rolleyes: ) may I offer the suggestion that a Committee be set up forthwith to which all posts be submitted for judgement and that said Committee perform said judgements and forward each post to the appropriate Topic with sufficient alacrity as to prevent any hiatus in the minute by minute onward flow of the Forum.

Obviously a Steering Group must firstly be set up in order to write a cogent Book of Rules which shall bind and instruct the Committee, when set up, in the performance of its duty.

Perhaps Forum members might wish to submit written suggestions on:
(a) the membership and duties of The Steering Group (hereafter referred to as "The Steering Group");
(b) the contents of The Book of Rules (hereafter referred to as "The Book of Rules");
(c) the membership of and the emoluments commensurate with the heavy duties pertaining to The Committee (hereafter referred to as "The Committee";
(d) the setting up of a Sub-Topic within a Topic within a new Category regarding to the new mechanism now and hereinafter under proposal.

All in favour ..........

greg

Post by greg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:20 pm

whos 'ad me coat ................... :weep:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:56 am

Jacksparrow wrote:I take your point Nuthatch. I have posted in the First signs etc... and I forgot about it :rolleyes: But as you said we could use one for what is happening in our gardens and this one for elsewhere. It will be OK for when the first signs of Spring have morphed into Spring in general. I also thought it would be a handy reference for the coming years rather than trawling all through a thread looking for a particular event/time.
Ah, yes, I see :shake: :scratch: if this is the elsewhere one shouldn't it be elsewhere ..... and then we'd have no garden one.

The one in GENERAL NATURE wouldn't want to be coming over here because it's not garden-specific.

I agree it's good to have a new dated one each year :yes:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Placido wrote:I do so agree that order should always prevail wherever possible (see previous discussion under WIST and subsequently acted upon with commendable celerity thus causing the parturition of WEIST).
In this regard and for the avoidance of confusion or mis-posting (heaven forfend :rolleyes: ) may I offer the suggestion that a Committee be set up forthwith to which all posts be submitted for judgement and that said Committee perform said judgements and forward each post to the appropriate Topic with sufficient alacrity as to prevent any hiatus in the minute by minute onward flow of the Forum.

Obviously a Steering Group must firstly be set up in order to write a cogent Book of Rules which shall bind and instruct the Committee, when set up, in the performance of its duty.

Perhaps Forum members might wish to submit written suggestions on:
(a) the membership and duties of The Steering Group (hereafter referred to as "The Steering Group");
(b) the contents of The Book of Rules (hereafter referred to as "The Book of Rules");
(c) the membership of and the emoluments commensurate with the heavy duties pertaining to The Committee (hereafter referred to as "The Committee";
(d) the setting up of a Sub-Topic within a Topic within a new Category regarding to the new mechanism now and hereinafter under proposal.

All in favour ..........
:laugh: :laugh: I love it when Placi gets her legal hat on :owl:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:16 pm

greg wrote:whos 'ad me coat ................... :weep:
:santa:

greg

Post by greg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:59 pm

So do we get a First signs of Summer, and First signs of Summer 2015; followed by first signs of Autumn and First signs of Autumn 2015. With the year finishing with First signs of Winter and First signs of Winter 2015 :shake:

I think you should get your coat, stand in the corner and sort it out! :unsure: