MICE

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
nuthatch

Re: MICE

Post by nuthatch » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:17 am

Put a new jar of Flutter Butter in the feeder yesterday - mousey still visiting even when it was freezing :mouse:

There's been a substantial cloud of sheep's wool - the stuff that you can buy for the nest builders - in the border up against the wall since late last summer. I've never removed it as I thought something might be using it to keep warm :sheep:

squirrel

Post by squirrel » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:40 am

Hello everyone, sorry I have been missing a while - caring for parents whilst doing shifts is really time consuming - both have dementia.

I just came back from the gym this evening at midnight (only time I can fit things like that in these days!!) - when I spotted a cat crouched at the side of the road a couple of doors down from my house, and it was staring at something. I could just about make out the silhouette of a small mouse! Well, my back was up right away - you know me and my Wood mouse friends - just the thought of that little mouse coming to grief as the paws and claws of a horrible moggie was enough to get me into action! I parked up and ran down the road. I slowly crept toward the cat who was momentarily distracted - enough for the little mouse to suddenly turn and run away to the other side of the road. It had been frozen in fright for God knows how long. I followed the little mouse and it had stopped at someone's garden wall, so I ushered it over the wall, talking to it as I did so - I hope none ofmy neighbours could hear - they would have thought I was truly mad! It was a little Wood Mouse. I heard it plop into the shrubbery on the other side of the wall and hurry away. The cat was still watching in disbelief on the other side of the road. I then turned back to the cat and ran after it clapping my hands and chased it in the opposite direction. That little mouse was lucky this evening that I drove along when I did - hopefully it will live to fight another day. :D

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:49 am

W-e-e-e-ll, we're always taught not to interfere with Mother Nature but but but sometimes we simply cannot help ourselves. Done it myself with regard to a sprawk :unsure:.
I say, "well done, Squirrel" and you get my Meggle of the Month .......

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:52 am

:woohoo: squirrel :rara: :mouse:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Seeing as the it was not important that the Cat had a mousey snack I am sure you did the right thing Squirrel :clap: If the net curtains were twitching, so what. Each to their own I say. :nod:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:24 am

Hedge camera caught this last night. Not seen one for a couple of years. Then lo and behold doorcam got one as well, but only for a split second.

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Isn't that just the cutest thing ?!?!?!? :D. Lovely spot(s), Willpar :clap:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:33 pm

:rara: :mouse:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:13 am

Harvest Mouse Cam at Simon King Wildlife