FOXES

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
JooMoo
Site Admin

Re: FOXES

Post by JooMoo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:24 am

Lovely fox pictures. I'm very jealous.
I like reading

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:37 am

:fox: :fox: dyb, dyb :yes: :banana:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:49 am

The ceramic dish with cat biscuits in for the hedgehogs was missing this morning - I couldn't believe it :eek: It would take some manoeuvring to get it from under the leaning tiles behind the shed - I'm assuming it was foxy, who took it. I had a look round but couldn't see it abandoned anywhere - imagine it going back to the cubs with a dish of food - best way to transport it I suppose :laugh:

I just caught sight of its tail going through the hedge last night up in the bird garden :fox:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:20 am

Another cat dish disappeared last night - funny because I had put the cat biscuits in a 'rabbit' dish but then changed it as the cat dish was shallower.

I really liked the first cat dish that disappeared :laugh: had it for years. I did have a look outside the garden - could smell foxy.

I would love to know where the dishes are - maybe if I put a notice up on a telegraph pole :scratch: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Put the notice low down then all interested parties can read it easily :nod:.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:32 am

:yes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The green RSPB mesh ground feeder with suet pellets in was missing this morning from the bird garden. I couldn't find it anywhere.

As it turned out I didn't put a dish of cat biscuits behind the shed last night.

It's going to become costly if they want takeaway dishes every night.

I've only got two other green RSPB ones - one I use for peanuts. I prefer them to the black Gardman ones because they're deeper and rectangular. I've got quite a few of the Gardman ones.

I'll think I'll swap the green feeder for a plastic or foil dish at night as sometimes the hedgies like to eat the suet pellets - hope a fox won't be taking them away every night for a while.

Maybe it was just because there were no cat biscuits out. The fat block still goes most nights :fox:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:10 pm

What's going on ?!?!?!?!
There's a feeding bowl fetishist about :eek:. Fool 'em, nail it down.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:46 am

:laugh:

Nothing missing this morning :woohoo:

I noticed a lot of spilt cat biscuits behind the shed probably because they were soggy and had lightened in colour considerably - scarcely discernible on the earth and dried leaves when dry.

I think I'll save a few of the black moulds that the fat blocks I use a lot come in - if I had to use them for a while they wouldn't blow away from under the roof tiles behind the shed :hedgehog:

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:00 pm

We have to wait a while for the Hunting Law to be amended.
Question: Are the ScotNats a blessing or a curse ?? Is this the end of Democracy as we know it ?? Will there be a run on tartan and porage oats ?? Will the Border be moved ??

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:32 am

The 'RABBIT' dish containing cat biscuits disappeared last night from behind the shed. I think that's quite enough now, thank you very much Mr./Mrs. Fox :rolleyes: They'd spilt some again.

I've kept a couple of strawberry punnets/trays ... I wonder if it's a different fox. I wonder if I changed the dog biscuits to cat biscuits up in the bird garden they'd take those away too :fox: