CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4328
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:14 pm

Placido wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:03 am
Have been bothered by Ruby's attitude for some time now - she just doesn't behave like a girl.
So, following an investigative, but responsibly socially distanced, conversation with a neighbour who should know, I discover that it's not "Ruby", it's "Rooney" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl2: and it's a boy.
No well-bred young lady has a swagger like that - just like John Wayne in 'High Noon' :nod:.
The world suddenly makes a lot more sense.
That's that mystery solved. You now know why your called instructions to vacate the premises were ignored. :nod:

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:47 am

Lonely Rooney 001.JPG

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4328
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:33 pm

Placido wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:47 am
Lonely Rooney 001.JPG

:rofl: Brill. :yes:

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:28 am

I'm in a sort of feline-imposed lockdown at the moment. Rooney has been sitting on my patio wall since first light, and is still there now, so there's no point in going out to feed the birds. That would be like baiting the trap so I'm stuck until he gets fed up and moves away.
Thing is, he was in exactly the same place and position last evening :shrug:

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Fed the birds at almost 9 o'clock :eek: !! My appearance was rewarded by an instant outburst from Rexit, telling me all about it.

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4328
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Placido wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:28 am
I'm in a sort of feline-imposed lockdown at the moment. Rooney has been sitting on my patio wall since first light, and is still there now, so there's no point in going out to feed the birds. That would be like baiting the trap so I'm stuck until he gets fed up and moves away.
Thing is, he was in exactly the same place and position last evening :shrug:
Errrm...remind me whose garden it is again? Master Rooney thinks he rules the roost and needs to be reminded he is just a visitor and an uninvited one at that. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you how best to deliver the message. :cat: :prod: :wife:

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:49 am

Well yes, I know, but ...... as far as this guy is concerned my defences are down :rolleyes: and he's got where no other cat has ever got before. Chockful of charisma.
As he quite rightly points out, he's a resident and he's got his Rights. I mean, what can one say ....... ?

Talking of cats, why is it always moi ?!?!?!?! :unsure:
In the kitchen last evening, banking up the fire beneath the cauldron :pot:, looked up and there was a little old lady and a black cat (not Wayne-o) standing in my back garden :shrug: :confused: . The l.o.l. seemed to be attempting to persuade the cat to come home, which after a minute or so it condescended to do. It scampered off around the side, and so did she. That was the end of that and I've never clapped eyes on either her nor said cat before.
I mean, why me ??
And another thing - no sign of Rooney when you want him :grumpy: !!

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4328
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:47 pm

Placido wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:49 am
Well yes, I know, but ...... as far as this guy is concerned my defences are down :rolleyes: and he's got where no other cat has ever got before. Chockful of charisma.
As he quite rightly points out, he's a resident and he's got his Rights. I mean, what can one say ....... ?

Talking of cats, why is it always moi ?!?!?!?! :unsure:
In the kitchen last evening, banking up the fire beneath the cauldron :pot:, looked up and there was a little old lady and a black cat (not Wayne-o) standing in my back garden :shrug: :confused: . The l.o.l. seemed to be attempting to persuade the cat to come home, which after a minute or so it condescended to do. It scampered off around the side, and so did she. That was the end of that and I've never clapped eyes on either her nor said cat before.
I mean, why me ??
And another thing - no sign of Rooney when you want him :grumpy: !!
I fear your open door policy for cats is showing it's downside. If they(the cats) can visit with impunity their owners consider themselves free to follow the wayward moggies. By association with the visiting moggies people naturally get the idea you are a moggie lover yourself which is as close as it gets to being a blood relative without actually being one, :nod:

User avatar
Placido
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: west West-Midlands

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:59 am

I didn't think of that :scratch: ! Right then, open doors are out of the window and electric fences are in.
Just have to get Roo a rubber collar .......

User avatar
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 4328
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:09 pm

Placido wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:59 am
I didn't think of that :scratch: ! Right then, open doors are out of the window and electric fences are in.
Just have to get Roo a rubber collar .......
That's more like it. You're in luck the autumn sale at electric Fences are Us c/o Jacksparrow .Inc is just starting. Forum Rates subject to T&Cs Buy now while stocks last.

Post Reply