CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
nuthatch

Re: CATS

Post by nuthatch » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:31 am

On Friday morning the black cat and the ginger cat were having a face off, noses almost touching. Then the grey cat slunk in, whereupon the black cat went and stood, back arched, in the ground table under the hanging feeders - looked so funny I went to take a picture but OH, who had been in the back garden, appeared on the scene to shoo them all away - what a disappointment :( :laugh: :unsure: :cat2:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Bloke from across the road came and borrowed a screwdriver tonight. So I politely pointed out that if his get gets the scats or be sick in his house its probably because it comes in the garden eating the hedgehog food at night and bird food by day. And pointed out that some of the bird food contains saltanas, which could give the cat liver problems. It climbs up into the hawthorn to get at the bird food. But they work all day so the cat is out and when they go bed the cat is still out. Not the only cat, theres half a dozen more besides that one.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 pm

:laugh:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Was watching a starling this morning hesitating about going on to the tray in the hawthorn. So instead it went a little higher to get some mini muffin. A black cat dashed out from what it seemed under the yew. So later I went and had a look. There is a tunnel between the yew and berberis and that is where the cat hides.
So this afternoon will take the dog down the woods and cut some holly to stuff in the tunnel. Hopefully it will deter the cat.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:40 pm

I must get some holly from somewhere too, Willpar - keep forgetting :cat:

On Tuesday I went out with the squirty bottle to a ginger cat I could just see in the border and after I'd flushed that one out a black one darted out from the same spot :cat2:

I see holly around - in people's gardens, the church hedge but don't go anywhere much now where I feel I can take some so might buy some before it all 'disappears' for another year :christmas:
Last edited by nuthatch on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Loads of holly down the woods here. All male I suspect as there are never any berries. Got a nice bunch and stuffed it in the tunnel. Can always get more if needed. Am just plagued with cats @ the moment.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:31 am

Haven't got any holly yet :(

I've been doing what Squirrel does in putting out frozen meat on and off the bone for the fox but just leftovers, not bought especially - yet :unsure:

The fox didn't visit last night and when I went out into the garden this morning I disturbed ginger cat scoffing some turkey but it hadn't yet eaten all the stuff off the bone and none of it on the bone :fox:

I expect it defrosted pretty quickly, too, with it being so mild :cat2:

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:38 pm

My new neighbour has a :cat2: I was wandering if it new what a hose was.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:40 am

:laugh: You could put one down - it might think it was a snake and want to play with it instead of the birds :shrug: :D

greg

Post by greg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:50 pm

I deter them with Landmines. It blows a few holes in the fence, but it's the only way ! :D :rofl: