CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
nuthatch

CATS

Post by nuthatch » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:40 pm

:laugh: You looking at me punk?

Placido

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:53 pm

wosh yor gaime ?? (Bit of a Cockney accent there :rolleyes: )

peregrine

Post by peregrine » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:18 am

Cat060209(01).jpg
Cat230808(82).jpg
Cat280508(8).jpg
Three problems I get.

peregrine

Post by peregrine » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:21 am

DSCF0915.jpg
Cat050909(07).jpg
And another two. There are at least two more I don't have pics of.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:57 pm

Good :photo: Peregrine - the first one looks as though it's in the Grand National :laugh:

The fourth one hasn't shown up for me yet.

:laugh: I like the cat deterrent in the last one :laugh:

Edit 19.00: I can see them all now :yes: :D :cat: :cat2: :cat2: :cat: :cat:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:29 pm

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:21 pm

I feel this blokes frustration but if you're planning anything drastic I would have thought the last thing you do is tell all in sundry. If any misfortune befalls the moggies in his sights in the future Plod or the RSPCA are going to be hammering on his front door whether he's to blame or not. A university professor he may be but not the sharpest knife in the box. :shake:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:56 pm

I'd be interested in what he's planning - it's going to takes months and cost hundreds and he's taken the bird table away :scratch:

I don't think he'd harm any cats.

" .... Crimewatch for cats ... " I thought the photos were a good idea ( :chuckle: ) - make people think ....

Biker

Post by Biker » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:55 pm

I've been accused by a neighbour of poisoning their cat in the past, which is quite ridiculous, because my own cat died of poisoning when I was 9 years old and I would never cause anyone to go through the despair I did at the time. I take many and varied options to protect my wild birds, but not at the cost of someone's pet. I don't think that inflammatory words are the answer, regardless of whether the pet is meant any harm or not. No single action will solve a national problem.
If we were to get serious about predatory cats and the effect on UK wildlife, all cats should be licenced (income for the Govt and less tax for everyone, one would hope) and subject to no night time prowling. In addition, if this was to be adopted, it would enable people to report nuisance cats (as dogs) and have the authority to target the owner for allowing their pets to make use of other peoples gardens. Bit excessive, I know, but in the long term, if we want an answer, regulation (yuch - hate that term) is the only long term answer.
Won't happen though. No-one in power is that interested. We'll have to rely on a high powered water pistol for some time to come!!! :nod:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:36 pm

There will never be a requirement for Cats to be licenced or controlled in any way. Our ancestors were only ready to take advantage of a Cat's predatory nature as they would find themselves overrun with vermin which included sparrows and Starlings and any other bird that had the nerve to steal human's food. The best we can do is try and curb the Cat's enthusiasm and limit the opportunities to hunt. Admittedly this is more time consuming than poisoning or shooting them but less likely to bring you to anyone,s attention.