CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Jacksparrow

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Placido wrote:I take it all back :rolleyes: - today I suddenly understood the purpose of cats :nod: :clap:.
The Black One was setting The Lodger ( :squirrel:) this morning from the shelter of a pyrawotsit and The Great Plan became clear. Cats exist to chase away lodgers and it's a brilliant idea.
Haven't seen either since :)
It'll be a very clever cat that outwits a Squirrel for vey long. Expect an outbreak of peace between the two very shortly. Moggy will return to easier fare such as your birds and the occasional mouse while the Lodger concentrates on eating everything and anything while converting your grassy area into something resembling the craters of the moon. :detective: :cat2: :squirrel: :hug2:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:42 pm

"Outbreak of peace" ?!?!?! This I gotta see .......

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:46 pm

:cat: :cat2: :cat: :cat2: :cat: :cat2: :cat: :cat2:
This is NATIONAL CAT DAY !! :shrug:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Just looked up their website :cat:

Brittany doesn't have a cat so put a picture up of a "hedgie" instead - fair enough - good thinking :hedgehog:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Sallied forth with Feed No. 17 I think it was and braked hard. There on the patio sat The Black One, quite relaxed. I knew he was quite relaxed because I was sufficiently proximate to see into his big golden eyes and the pupils were mere slits.
He looked at me, I looked at him, we each took the measure of the other.
I flicked my hand from right to left and stood back invitingly. He stood, stretched (!!!! - 'onest, he stretched) and slowly walked right past me in an impressively dignified manner. The pupils of his eyes had dilated to half-size but otherwise there were no signs of nerves.
He jumped over the little wall and turned left round the corner of the bungalow. I could still see the right half of his body as he tiddled up the corner.
I count that as being Honours Even but wished that the blackbirds in the cherry tree hadn't laughed so loud :(.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Placido wrote:Sallied forth with Feed No. 17 I think it was and braked hard. There on the patio sat The Black One, quite relaxed. I knew he was quite relaxed because I was sufficiently proximate to see into his big golden eyes and the pupils were mere slits.
He looked at me, I looked at him, we each took the measure of the other.
I flicked my hand from right to left and stood back invitingly. He stood, stretched (!!!! - 'onest, he stretched) and slowly walked right past me in an impressively dignified manner. The pupils of his eyes had dilated to half-size but otherwise there were no signs of nerves.
He jumped over the little wall and turned left round the corner of the bungalow. I could still see the right half of his body as he tiddled up the corner.
I count that as being Honours Even but wished that the blackbirds in the cherry tree hadn't laughed so loud :(.
Dunno about honours even. On my scorecard you lost 2-0 :D

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon May 30, 2016 11:57 am

After the mourning following the sprawk's double visit I sallied forth this morning with breakfast. Threw it on the ground and The Black One was hiding in the very adjacent pyrowatsit. It jumped up the fence which made quite a bang and scared me silly :faint: :eek:. It was such an unexpected loud noise.
So naturally, the garden was quiet again for an hour :( and I'm back on my tablets.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 pm

Placido wrote:After the mourning following the sprawk's double visit I sallied forth this morning with breakfast. Threw it on the ground and The Black One was hiding in the very adjacent pyrowatsit. It jumped up the fence which made quite a bang and scared me silly :faint: :eek:. It was such an unexpected loud noise.
So naturally, the garden was quiet again for an hour :( and I'm back on my tablets.
That seems to me a bit rich claiming the poor old Puddytat scared you at breakfast time :cat2: :sofa: I rather think the boot was on the other foot aa the unfortunate Moggy was forced to behold yourself before the sun is over the yardarm. :wife: :feedbirds: :bolt:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue May 31, 2016 12:00 pm

One cannot think of a riposte for that ........
but one has the feeling that one should.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:43 am

As I was coming back into the house through the back door from picking strawberries yesterday evening I sort of trod on :eek: :( / walked into a small black and white cat who was coming in the opposite direction on its way out - nice of it to drop in :cat:

I did scream a bit :rolleyes: was such a shock :nod: I didn't know what it was at first.