CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Placido

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:21 pm

Referred to above and before is a siamese whose preferred perch is the middle of the road. This individual lives at the far end of the gulag but, inevitably, found my garden about a month ago. It has a very enquiring mind and was delighted by the ground feeding cage which it took to its own for about half an hour.
Later that same day the black animal from The House Of Cats across the road (4 at the mo) sauntered along and must have smelled the siamese (curry possibly) since when it has returned on an even more regular basis than previously and sits/basks in front of the cage with a proprietorial air. As custom demands I totter forth, shake the scary stick at it, and it departs leisurely. It's like a stately minuet really :); all the participants know their moves.
This morning the ritual was repeated (it lies in the sun and watches the kitchen window. The cheek of it). I went out, shook stick, and nothing happened. It looked at me, I looked at it and then looked around. On the patio was another :eek: black cat (this one with white paws) so the three of us looked at each other.
I exploded into action (I did, I did) and one went that >>>> way and the other went that <<<<< way.

I have never seen the white-pawed one before but have a feeling I'll see it again.
I think I'll complain to The Committee :(.

https://www.cats.org.uk/black-cats
I think I'm doing my bit :rolleyes2:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:36 pm

I can't help feeling your attempts to deter the moggy invasion which you seem to be experiencing is lacking a little oomph. Indeed,the unwelcome visitors seem to view your efforts with some disdain. Although I lack a scarey stick I found that a little noise encourages the mogs to head for the exits. I find some clapping and hissing gives the message that it might be a little more peaceful elsewhere. :cat: :bolt:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:40 pm

I'd love to see you clapping and hissing Jacksparrow :rofl: . I'd love to see Placido and 2 cats looking at each other too :rofl:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:23 am

"clapping and hissing" ?!?!?!? :scratch:, hmmmmm
If memory serves me correctly that's what I was arrested for some time ago ....... The neighbours complained and frankly I don't blame them. The Beak wasn't on my side :shake:.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Placido wrote:"clapping and hissing" ?!?!?!? :scratch:, hmmmmm
If memory serves me correctly that's what I was arrested for some time ago ....... The neighbours complained and frankly I don't blame them. The Beak wasn't on my side :shake:.
I meant hissing at the cats not their owners. I should have made that clear. :nod:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:48 am

O-o-o-o-h, right, gotcha :rolleyes:.

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue May 07, 2019 9:11 am

Whilst cauldron-stirring at dusk last eve (always a rush on HB at Bank holidays), glanced out into the gloaming and beneath a low branch of a pyrawotsit crouched a ginger/white cat - never seen this one before - alertly surveilling a mother blackbird prospecting for nestlings' supper some 4 yards away. No doubt she knew the cat was there but anyway I jiggled the door handle and she took off like a missile. And so did the strange cat - straight up the 6 ft fence and away.
So wot ?? I hear you cry. Wait: the next thing was that a magpie arrowed straight in towards the fleeing cat, jak-jaking for all it was worth, and on its heels was a male blackie (hubby, I s'pose) giving the alarm cry.
Both claimed the victory. 'Onestly, there's always something ....... :rolleyes:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue May 07, 2019 7:52 pm

As our gardens get busier with parent birds and ever hungry offspring it is inevitable that the moggies get more interested. I have only spotted one in the daytime this breeding season but I'm afraid my undergrowth might be hiding others. :cat: :grumpy:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Sun May 12, 2019 8:21 am

Talking of cats.

First thing this morning on hedgehog cam. It has a moustache.

Placido

Post by Placido » Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 am

A collar AND a moustache !! Charlie Chaplin :scratch:. They get into everything :rolleyes:.