CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Placido

Re: CATS

Post by Placido » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:32 pm

Dunno about the fence but that certainly blew me away !!! :rofl2: :rofl:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:56 am

There is a black cat that comes in the garden that has a huge loud golden bell around its neck - I can hear it from inside the house.
:cat2:
I wonder, if it's always worn that bell and doesn't know any different because of it and whether it gets frustrated at not catching any wildlife :scratch:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:43 am

Saw the ginger cat this morning mostly likely 'playing' with a mouse, which was under the ground table.

Tuesday morning I probably disturbed it doing something similar. It made to run away when it saw me but then turned round and snatched something from the ground before scooting off :(

On the grass this morning were some small lamb bones. I didn't put them out there so a cat must have brought them there to eat :cat:

peregrine

Post by peregrine » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

I have a ginger, a black, a black and white, a tabby and the runt Micky from across the back. The other day Micky tried to catch a Wood Pigeon. It was bigger than him. This is him.

Placido

CATS

Post by Placido » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:52 pm

(I thought we already had a "Cats" topic :scratch: :shrug:)

Aaaannyway, today I noticed a patch of white beneath the silver birch and assumed it to be a supermarket bag (such things usually are in my garden) so sallied forth to remove it. It turned out to be a new cat :eek:. I immediately shoo-ed it and nothing happened. I could see it looking at me, deeply unimpressed, so I shoo-ed it again accompanied by some vague waving >>>> signalling over there >>>>.
After two or three increasingly agitated waving, shoo-ing and other threatening behaviour it actually moved away in the designated direction. I followed it because it was obviously a hard nut and after about 3 yards it stopped, turned round and miaowed at me.

I stopped too and just burst out laughing - it was just so unexpected. We looked at each other, I gave in and the cat walked slowly away thinking One nil :cat2:

JooMoo
Site Admin

Post by JooMoo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:44 am

The other cats were hiding in the off-topic area.
I cleared all the low lying wild strawberry plants as the cats used to hide there ready to jump out.
I've had lots more birdie visitor since I did that.
I like reading

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:42 am

:clap: JooMoo :yes:. Much tidier (the Topic not the strawberry plants :) ).

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:12 pm

I have had a couple of Cats try to make themselves at home in the Chateau garden this year. The first was very easily moved on but the latest gave me the old "look pitiful and cute routine" and would only leave with a great deal of stopping and starting and looking back over it's shoulder. This routine went on for 3 or 4 days when it decided I wasn't to be won over and disappeared. I know this may make me seem a little hard-hearted but one Cat attracts others and me being a bird lover I cannot allow cats to hold sway in my garden.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:23 am

That was funny. Placi - sometimes they think I've come out to play with them :unsure: :cat:

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:22 pm

I take it all back :rolleyes: - today I suddenly understood the purpose of cats :nod: :clap:.
The Black One was setting The Lodger ( :squirrel:) this morning from the shelter of a pyrawotsit and The Great Plan became clear. Cats exist to chase away lodgers and it's a brilliant idea.
Haven't seen either since :)