CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Jacksparrow

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri May 26, 2023 8:52 pm

I've had my first deposit since the lion poo went down. I'm thinking it loses potency when its been down a few days.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:09 pm

After 2 weeks it seems that when it is freshly put down it is fairly effective but after about 10 days or so the cats lose respect for it. :(

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:01 pm

Back to the drawing board. There is a contraption out the sprays cats with water. Has a motion sensor but has to have a hosepipe. Not good if there is a hosepipe ban i suppose.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:10 pm

A couple of weeks ago I was idling in a local cafe waiting for Mrs JS and read an article on my phone claiming there was a type of plant that cats hated because of it smell. It claimed that they hated brushing against it because when the cleaned themselves it left a bad taste in their mouths. So! nothing ventured nothing gained I bought half a dozen of them and planted them around the garden near places the cats like to walk and leave their deposits.
So far, so good :nod: As far as I can see I have had no fouling since the planting.
The plant is called a "Curry Plant" which is to be found in the herb section of nurseries. Not to be confused with Curry leaves which is a different plant.
I have seen one cat since I planted them but it was just passing through and one of the plants has lost all it's leaves to a garden pest of some kind :(